This job posting has expired
Entry Level Software Engineer
Location : Berkeley, MO
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Entry Level
- At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
- Boeing is seeking Entry Level Software Engineer to work at our Berkeley and Saint Louis, MO locations.
- Uses a disciplined approach for the design, development, operation, maintenance, and documentation of software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to engineering, scientific, and manufacturing requirements. Uses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications and environments as laboratory simulation systems, airplane flight control and display systems, avionics, mechanical and electrical systems, weapons armament, commercial and military aircraft systems, mobile and ground-based defense systems, space systems, network centric operations (NCO), and other systems and applications of this nature. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
- Works under close supervision
- This position has been identified as a virtual opportunity and does require applicants to live in the Saint Louis, MO area with a possibility of up to up to 20% virtual work, at program and/or manager discretion.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
- Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- or of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree