This job posting has expired
Software Development Manager
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Loopio is a workplace that unleashes learning & growth opportunities for our Loopers. We provide autonomous, challenging work that allows each employee to master their craft. We attract and retain people who are naturally curious, have grit and are eager to grow and build their careers. At Loopio, we genuinely support each other, because true success comes from working as #oneteam.
- Loopio is looking for a passionate and endlessly curious Software Development Manager to join our growing technology team. You’ll lead a team of developers to deliver a world-class product, and will be responsible for their growth and mentorship. On top of that, you’ll be able to get your hands dirty with the tech and architecture. This role will be leading software developers on our Product Portfolio teams.
- You are experienced in leading and growing high performance teams. Your team can lean on you for support and mentorship, in both one-on-one and team settings. You know how to deliver impactful feedback to drive results and growth in your people. You understand that there are many different career paths in technology and are able to help people find their way.
- You are able to provide technical guidance and mentorship for a team of Software Developers at all levels of their career. You can jump in on a code review with the best of them. You can dive into the architecture for your team’s projects and help them make important decisions.
- You help recruit, onboard, and support our Engineering team and contribute to our Engineering culture.You maintain high recruiting standards and are a sharp interviewer. You can engage great candidates and clearly communicate why they’ll love working at Loopio.
- You understand how important your role is in supporting a diverse and inclusive team. You value different backgrounds and experiences and you actively foster a team environment where everyone is heard and valued.
- You collaborate with cross-functional team members and leaders (Product Management, Design, Support) to develop and prioritize milestones based on team and company objectives.
- You build a culture of quality within the team and work with others across the company to ensure customers are supported and SLAs are met.
- You foster an environment of iteration, feedback, and accountability to improve the product while consistently delivering value to users.
- You measure productivity and bottlenecks. You are fast to act on issues affecting the team and always encourage creative thinking about how to make our process even better.
- You are a strong communicator and easily build relationships with others. You can represent the development team internally and be trusted to communicate important information at all levels.
- You clearly communicate and provide visibility into the progress of objectives owned by your team.
- You are able to talk about technology with others. Regardless of team or role, you can break down technical jargon and acronym soup so that everyone is on the same page. You are approachable and enjoy working collaboratively.
- You can speak with customers in a way that puts their mind at ease. You’re not afraid to jump on a customer call to help close a sale, solve a problem, or communicate what’s coming next.
- 7+ years in development roles of increasing responsibility
- 4+ years experience managing or leading a development team
- University degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with Agile Software Development
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- A creative and methodical mind
- Experience scaling a multi-tenant SaaS platform is a nice-to-have
- Loopio is a remote-first workplace because we recognize the advantages of working flexibly. We have two Hub Regions, which means that employees live and work within a 300 KM radius of Toronto (within Ontario) or Vancouver (within British Columbia) and work within regular business hours in their timezone.
- Loopio’s office headquarters are located in Toronto’s vibrant Kensington Market. Ontario Loopers have the option to work in the office (when it’s safe to do so) or from home, whatever works best for you! Loopio does not have a Vancouver office space and BC Loopers will work remotely from home.
- You’ll collaborate with your teams virtually (we’re just a Zoom call away!) and have established core sync hours and focus time during the workday to enable us to work smarter together
- Your manager supports your development by providing ongoing feedback and regular 1-on-1s
- You have tons of autonomy and responsibility: this role provides an opportunity to try new things and push creative boundaries
- You’ll learn more than you thought was possible; our team is obsessed with personal and professional growth (every Looper receives a professional mastery allowance each year)
- You’ll be set up to work remotely with a MacBook laptop, a monthly phone and internet allowance, and a work-from-home budget to help get your home office all set up!
- Join us in quarterly company celebrations and company-wide annual retreat (it’s virtual until we can meet in person again) to celebrate the big wins and milestones as #oneteam!
- You’ll be joining a culture that has thoughtfully built out opportunities for connections in a remote first environment.
- We have Employee Resource Groups, House Teams (curious? ask us about it!), virtual yoga, cooking classes and many more moments for us to have fun and learn together!
- You’ll be a part of an award-winning workplace and one of Canada’s fastest growing companies with ample opportunity to make a big impact here!
- Loopio is an equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to building equitable workplaces that are diverse and inclusive. We actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds to consider us as a future employer. Please contact Yeniffer, Senior Manager of Talent Experience (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you require accommodations at any point during our virtual interview process.