This job posting has expired
LEAD SCIENTIST - PRODUCT DEVELOPER
Location : Neenah, WI
Headquarters : Irving, Texas, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Here, big ideas are created by bright minds working together
- We stay ahead of the curve thanks, in great part, to our stimulating practice of sharing ideas. If you’re comfortable contributing, questioning, accepting, and refining ideas, we want you to be a player on our high performing team. We foster an environment where all members of our diverse staff are appreciated for their unique contributions, and where advancement is waiting for all. Come stimulate your mind — and your professional growth.
- The Lead Scientist – Product Developer role will provide guidance and leadership in product development for our Depend Incontinence products. Successful execution of responsibilities requires collaboration across multiple functions and teams including Product Platform Teams, Process, Materials, Marketing, Product Supply/LCM, Claims, Legal, Finance, and Plant Operations.
- This position is part of the AFC R&E Depend team. The incumbent will have primary accountabilities for product development activities for Depend product variants spanning innovation, development and commercialization, through post-market surveillance. Previous experience in product development, research or quality management is preferred.
- Lead product development efforts for multiple projects and initiatives from early Front-End-Innovation through development and commercialization including leadership/support for LCM and business continuity initiatives.
- Lead development and execution of product design strategies to deliver desired consumer benefits while ensuring alignment with Vision/Migration plans.
- Lead development of product key milestones, budget, timeline, and resource forecasts for assigned project(s).
- Manage development and lead execution of learning plans in conjunction with Marketing Research and Innovation Testing teams.
- Ensure development and execution of product specification and quality plans appropriate for phase of project.
- Facilitate discussions with marketing and the design team regarding claims and aesthetics.
- Provides mentorship to junior members of the product development team.
- Plan and carry out project responsibility with limited assistance and direction.
- Communicate and document project plans and results to key customers.
- Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective implementer of research principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
- Seek, recognize, define, and solve problems to achieve unit objectives. Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause, develop and recommend solutions.
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's or advanced degree in related major scientific or engineering discipline from an accredited college or university. May also include other relevant disciplines (i.e., Psychology, Nursing, and Sociology).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team to complete projects within required timeframes.
- Ability to travel up to 25% domestic and international.
- Experience with product development tools and computer programs, such as consumer test methodology, intellectual property, Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., PowerPoint, Excel, and Word).
- We invite you to participate in our collaborative organization
- We’re a dynamic, interactive organization looking for people with ideas to share. Here, not a single mind or idea is unimportant, because the truth is that we cannot do without a single one of them, and we don’t know where our best ideas will come from. The diversity of our workforce brings fresh perspectives that make “brainstorming” all the more stimulating. Equal opportunities are waiting for all in our welcoming and respectful workplace.
- Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life with well-known brands that matter every day – at home, school, work and on the go. Throughout our 148 years, we have challenged conventional wisdom to innovate products that better meet the needs of consumers. We have created new categories with top brands like Kleenex®, and redefined categories with Huggies® and U by Kotex®. While growing our $18+ billion global business, we help build careers through collaborative teams that push boundaries and endless opportunities to work with some of the world’s most recognized brands. Our 43,000 employees are changing the world for the better, too, generously giving back to communities and causes around the globe.
- For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- With an inclusive culture, our employees – and the original thinking they bring to Kimberly-Clark – make us stronger. EOE disability/vet.
- K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.