This job posting has expired
Senior Engineering Manager, IoT
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
Full job description
- Health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid time off
- Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
- The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
- Latch is seeking an exceptional Senior Engineering Manager with IoT experience to lead a team of software and firmware engineers responsible for designing and building systems that span cloud, web, mobile, and embedded systems. You will shape the evolution of Latch’s IoT strategy to create experiences that delight customers. You will have the opportunity to work on projects such as enterprise device management, IoT protocol(s) evolution, distributed authentication systems, and mesh networking technologies.
- Lead architecture, development, quality and support of new and existing products that span cloud, mobile, web, and embedded systems
- Lead large technical projects including priorities, timelines, and deliverables
- Manage and grow a team of engineers to operate efficiently with exceptional quality
- Experiment with and recommend new IoT technologies to incorporate into current and future products
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited university
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong interest in people management and mentorship
- 2+ years of experience managing engineering teams preferred
- Expert with IoT technology stacks that span cloud, mobile, and embedded systems
- Expert with production level firmware for power & memory constrained embedded products
- Experience in system design of distributed systems
- Experience with at least one cloud provider, AWS preferred
- Experience with security and cryptography concepts preferred
- Founded in 2014, Latch now has 300+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
- We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
- In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
- We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.