This job posting has expired
Specialist Cyber Security
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Security/Audit/Risk Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
- If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
- The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
- Are you ready to grow your career by taking on a new role at Bell? We always look for qualified internal applicants within our own team to support their development.
- Bell Mobility, one of the Canadian leaders in Mobile communications, is going through an important transformation. Bell Mobility needs to adapt to a world of fast changing realities and be able to offer new exciting services to our customers, so we are now investing in multifaceted teams that can both integrate solutions from vendors and when required develop our own software. Specifically, for the Network Charging team this will allow us to regain control of our own destiny and provide the flexibility and agility to address new opportunities and improve the customer experience.
- Are excited about joining a team that integrates and builds advanced technology solutions;
- Enjoy technology - you will deal with a variety of cutting edge Software and Networking technologies (5G, IoT) that will shape and transform how Bell networks are built and operated;
- Care about user experience and the quality of our services;
- Enjoy iterative development, agile methodologies, and micro-service architecture
- Then the Bell Network Charging team may be the place for you. We are responsible for the development and integration of real-time charging, rating and policy management solutions, such as Online Charging Systems, Wireless Prepaid, Event Based Charging, Data Charging Solutions, PCRF and architecting future real-time charging and policy management opportunities.
- Co-ordinate with internal security teams to manage security response, assist investigations, and comply with governance, risk management, and compliance requirements
- Work with Corporate Security to build requirements for security controls on behalf of the team
- Work to ensure that all operations and applications comply with all legal, regulatory, and corporate policies related to security, data privacy, and data retention
- Be a security subject matter expert, provide security-related input to architectural discussions, decisions, and roadmaps
- Lead and Implement security initiatives as driven from corporate security
- Research and propose solutions to increase protection of privacy, integrity, and confidentiality
- Manage incidents related to security concerns
- Work with internal vulnerability response teams, vendors, and developers to co-ordinate vulnerability patching and bug-fixing of platform and applications
- Work with software developers to achieve “Security by Design”, define and maintain security best practices
- 2-5 years of experience working on security driven implementations
- System administration in a linux environment, with the capability to implement security controls
- Automation/Scripting in either bash, python or Ansible
- Ability to work with a team towards common goals
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Self starter who is comfortable working with and presenting to all management levels
- A Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, math, applied science / engineering, or equivalent experience
- Security related certification (CISSP, CEH etc)
- Experience in Telecom is a strong asset
- Experience in a development environment
- Experience within a containerized environment (k8s, Docker)
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
- Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
- At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
- Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.