This job posting has expired
Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Headquarters : Glendale, California, USA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $7 billion in 2017. Learn more at www.averydennison.com
- You will be a part of a Worldwide Delivery Center (WDC) in Gurugram, India. As an Automation Test Engineer, you’ll be part of a multi-disciplinary team. You spend a percentage of your time helping set up, expand, execute and maintain the internal, open-source test frameworks, existing framework and shared test infrastructure. You work on applications that are a part of our customer-facing platform. You take ownership of shaping the quality approach within your team. Tests need to be automated on all levels of the test automation pyramid, you coach the developers on your team to "build quality in" as part of the process.You are hands on and make sure that anything that should be automated, is automated.Together with your fellow team members you drive company-wide quality improvements and initiatives. You enjoy contributing improvement ideas and taking steps to implement them.
- Create, execute and maintain automated test scripts.
- Collaboration in setting up and maintaining frameworks on multiple application platforms like Web, ERP, Salesforce and Desktop.
- Investigate customer problems referred by the technical support team and extend the test suite.
- Coordinate with BA’s and development team to incorporate latest functionality to automated test suites.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Scripting and execution of automation scripts using different automation tools( UFT, Selenium).
- Migration of tools and framework as part of optimization process.
- Work with deployment teams to set up a continuous testing process.
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify alternatives and make contingency plans.Strong problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to embrace change and quickly adapt to new situations, changes in direction, and altering priorities.
- Flexibility to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and guiding the test team .
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 4-7 yrs of IT experience, in the software test automation area.
- Minimum 5 years of automation testing experience.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining test automation framework.
- Work with Automation Architect & team members to create and update test frameworks and scripts for automated testing of web, desktop,Salesforce and ERP applications.
- Experience working within a wide variety of automated testing frameworks, Java, Selenium, UFT, TestNG and other open-source projects.
- Knowledge of automating, Mobile, Cloud
- Knowledge of Test and defect management tools like ALM.
- Experience of working "AGILE + DevOps" process management methodology.
- Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools.
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design.
- Hands on experience in Automation using Java and VB script.
- Experience in migrating from UFT to Selenium or any latest test automation tools.
- DevOps experience is required.
- Experience working with stakeholders from different geographies.
- Hands on tester ready to transform the current tools, technologies and evolve with the vision of organization.
- Flexible to work in shifts, to support the different regions.