This job posting has expired
Product Development Eng Sr - Software
Location : Belmont, CA 94002
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Innovation. Sophistication. Optimization. This is our passion.
- Worldwide, the Volkswagen Group has a long tradition of dramatic innovations. The Volkswagen Group with its headquarters in Wolfsburg is one of the world’s leading automobile manufacturers and the largest car maker in Europe. The Group comprises of twelve brands from seven European countries: Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Ducati, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles, Scania and MAN.
- Here in the US, we are blending German engineering with American ingenuity. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, the Volkswagen Innovation and Engineering Center California (IECC) is becoming the epicenter of vehicle electronics expertise in North America. Comprised of twelve teams, the IECC works with researchers and development teams in the US, Germany and across the globe. We’re a team of engineers, designers, scientists, and psychologists looking to develop innovations for future generations of cars, and to transfer technologies from many industries and research institutions into the automotive domain. Our mission is to drive change which means we are not only impacting one of the world’s largest car makers, but also the lives of millions of people. Are you ready to join us?
- Product Development Eng Sr - Software
- The Product Development Engineer- Automotive software frameworks is:
- Designing and implementing state-of-the-art test automation and monitoring software frameworks to achieve maximum efficiency in supporting the local test strategy
- Following latest automotive/technology trends and brings this perspective in an ongoing effort into product improvement and software design processes.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary project team of 6-8 project team members
- Supporting the pre-series and series development of electric/electronic automotive systems with particular relevance to the US and Canadian markets using state-of-the-art software components, frameworks and automation
- Responsible for managing test schedules, track milestones and deliveries, track project budget and report results to internal and external customers.
- Managing project schedules, timelines and resources.
- Leads and coordinates design, integration, validation and product development activities for automotive software products
- (Software-) Product design, improvements, concepts and validation
- Work with Functional owners and Product Validation Engineers to collect, document, design and develop software frameworks and architectures to implement test automation and monitoring solutions.
- Ideation, design, specification and testing of required (automotive) software solutions
- Ensure proper and state-of-the-art software development standards are followed and conduct appropriate measures (e.g. code reviews)
- Sync-up with Quality, Function Owners and Project leaders for an alignment of future requirements. Set own product goals accordingly.
- Keep up to date with trends and research studies for latest software frameworks and software automation.
- Serves as Project Lead for software product development projects:
- Project Coordination and Communication
- Project Resource Planning
- Project Budget and Engineering
- Project/progress reports and Presentations to stakeholders and (upper) management
- 8-10 years as a Systems engineer for an Automotive/Aerospace/Transportation OEM or Tier-1 supplier – proven record of start-to-finish lead coordination role.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Automotive, Computer Science, Information Technologies, Systems Engineering or Software design). Master's preferred.
- Excellent English language skills mandatory.
- Exceptional communication with internal / external partners, stakeholders, and project affiliates and management.
- Proven record of active engagement in product improvement topics.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications.
- Motivated team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Multi-disciplinary project team leadership
- Comfortable forming and articulating the big picture on what software concepts/frameworks’ purpose and goal is
- Experience gathering and organizing requirements and writing software design specifications.
- Able to understand and engage in adopting market oriented software product solutions.
- Understand business use cases and goals to define necessary user stories.
- Project Management
- Has held a project coordination role throughout entire projects (planning, execution, close-out)
- Manage timelines, test resources, test specifications and project budget.
- Manage and document localization, improvement and concept creation topics.
- Take important project decisions and seek guidance by management where necessary
- SW Development
- Scripting/Programming languages: Python, PHP, C++, Java
- Experience in UML Modeling
- Relational database knowledge (e.g. SQL)
- Implementation of RESTful services (REST APIs)
- Create reports/dashboards for test status
- Curiosity to understand the automotive customer of the future
- In-depth experience with test automation
- Devotion for high quality and latest technology and software development trends.
- Knowledge of automotive infotainment/connected car products and services.
- Experience with speech/audio processing in test automation
- Automotive/Aerospace software framework experience.
- Experience in integration and testing of vehicle IT architecture backend and front end systems.
- Computer networking expertise (ISO/OSI)
- Computer operating system Linux
- Computer savvy with previous programming experience
- IOT technologies knowledge (APIs, MQTT, Cloud infrastructure).
- Experience with vehicle bus systems (CAN bus, FlexRay, BroadR-Reach).
- Ability to work flexible schedule. Domestic (U.S.) and International (Canada & Europe/Germany) travel is required (up to 15%)
- Volkswagen Group of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate based on race, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, color, gender identity/expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws.