This job posting has expired
Principal Software Engineer
Location : Bellevue, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- The Real-Time Computer Vision team in the AI platform Group is driving research and development for understanding People, Places and Things using Computer Vision and Machine Learning technologies. We’re a growing team of talented engineers and researchers building an inference platform and associated models that enable our customers to build a wide range of innovative real-world solutions for various verticals. We collaborate with teams across Microsoft and leverage their technologies to expand our reach and impact and showcase the best innovations.
- We have a unique opportunity for a Software Engineer with experience in Computer Vision and Search to work on an incubation project that will power the next generation of video analytics services.
- Partner closely with world-class research teams to incorporate cutting-edge algorithms and deep learning models into the product.
- Design and implement new techniques for leveraging insights from real-time video
- Deliver high quality and performance sensitive software which leverages the latest hardware and Azure innovations in IoT and Cloud.
- Work across the software stack and demonstrate technical leadership. Collaborate with groups across Microsoft as well as with external partners.
- Drive performance analysis of existing algorithms and find areas of improvement to drive down cost.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical IT work experience is required.
- 9+ years of professional experience with advanced programming languages (C/C++, C#, Python or equivalent).
- 9+ years of software development experience and shipped multiple releases of software products.
- Excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills.
- Demonstrated experience working on full stack from client to cloud.
- Focus on high quality software development and proficiency in unit-testing and other validation techniques.
- Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence and/or Search.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.