This job posting has expired
Sr. Specialist Connected Mobility
Location : United States
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
- 7+ years of business development, consulting, product management, or solutions development experience in or selling to the Automotive OEMs and Suppliers in the connected mobility space.
- 7+ years domain knowledge of systems and applications and technology provider landscape in the automotive industry
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in cloud computing. Our computing services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. AWS is seeking a candidate to be the Sr. Specialist WW Automotive connected vehicle for our World-Wide Specialist Team. The automotive industry is the midst of unprecedented transformation through changing business models, electrification, connected vehicles, autonomous driving and cloud enabled software development and is looking to the cloud to power the transformation of products and business models. AWS is looking for a go to market leader who understands business trends impacting the industry, and is passionate and capable of driving market development across the sector globally for AWS, leveraging the richness of the AWS cloud computing platform to position and drive the right technology solutions, cloud enable the technology ecosystem supporting the automotive industry, and address changing industry needs.
- Your responsibilities will include engaging with key industry customers, engaging strategic industry partners, attending and speaking at industry events, leading the process to enable industry solutions, and creating significant new business opportunities for AWS. You will enable the AWS sales teams selling to industry accounts to drive their day-to-day interactions with key prospects. You will work closely with AWS Solutions Architects to develop and promote cloud patterns and solutions for the industry, including partner based solutions. You will work closely with the AWS product and services teams to help evolve AWS offerings for more rapid adoption by automotive industry customers.
- The ideal candidate will have a business development or consulting background, experience in software engineering and experience in working with automotive industry customers at the CTO/VP level, with a good understanding of connected mobility and data monetization.
- He/she should have a demonstrated experience in working with OEM and/or Tier 1 automotive suppliers in the connected space. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Serve as a key member of the World-Wide Specialist team to drive overall AWS market and technical enablement strategy for the global automotive industry, focusing on developing software related workload opportunities. You will serve as the expert for connected mobility and data monetization strategies.
- Define and execute on a strategic market development plan and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction, in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, product teams, marketing, partner team, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify and engage key partners including ISVs and system integrators.
- Build business development pipeline by engaging with key prospects and partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for the automotive industry.
- Understand the use of salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Present business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to expanding our reach in the industry.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group
- Handle a high volume of engagements and interactions in the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Experience with software development practices and data center / infrastructure / networking / database systems / core distributed computing concepts / fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization / storage systems / Analytics / emerging paradigms like IoT, Machine Learning, etc. is highly desired.10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Education: an MBA is desired.
- Strong leadership skills are key, with proven verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, and lead through influence.
- The right person will be analytical and data-driven, and demonstrate balanced strategy and planning, and execution skills.
- CTO relationships and large network in the industry.
- Education: technical background with Computer Science/Engineering/Math is a plus
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
- This position must be located in the United States.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- For Colorado: The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000- 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.