This job posting has expired
Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- BlackBerry is looking for an energetic and collaborative Technical Writer with experience creating technical documentation for enterprise software. You will be responsible for creating a range of documentation from highly technical administration guides to clear and simple end-user guides for enterprise applications. You will also be responsible for creating engaging multimedia that highlights the many exciting things our products can do!
- You will be working on cutting-edge technology that focuses on securing the Enterprise of Things. BlackBerry Secure software provides the embedded intelligence for the Enterprise of Things so that the Internet of Things can thrive.
- You’ll be most successful if you have a passion for working with engineering teams on highly technical products and making information available to internal and external customers in innovative and engaging ways.
- Build strong partnerships with software engineers, product managers, and other experts across the enterprise to develop technical information
- Work with product designers and developers to make products easier to use
- Directly assist in developing product user interfaces
- Determine the appropriate medium for message or audience, such as manuals or online videos
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Gather usability feedback from customers and designers
- Revise documents as issues arise
- Create videos and multimedia tutorials that simplify technical concepts and tasks
- Assist with the localization of software and product documentation
- Flexible, proactive, and enjoys working in a team environment
- Fluent in English with proven writing proficiency
- Experience with DITA, structured authoring, and creating content in XML using a CMS
- Familiarity with MDM management software
- Proven ability to plan and deliver work within an agile development process
- User Acceptance Testing experience
- Experience developing multimedia