1) This is for BIOS Firmware Developer/Validation Engineer working as Individual contributor in Technical Career Path.
2) The successful candidate will work with Internet of Things(IOT) HSPE( High Velocity Platform Engineering) Software and Systems team 3) Define and implement /Validate cutting edge state of the art BIOS firmware solutions for wide variety of Intel SoC platforms.
4) Technical Leadership role and as a subject matter of expert responsible for design/implementation/validation End to End delivery of BIOS features across assigned IOTG platforms.
5) Develop/Validate Client platform BIOS reference code and related documentation for Intel silicon products such as next generation chipsets and processors.
6) Responsible for authoring BIOS specifications, creating chipset reference code and developing / supporting platform Boot Firmware Solutions for Intel's CPUs and chipsets.
7) Work closely with Intel silicon design teams and be responsible for all software and Boot Firmware related issues during the planning, development and validation stages of the program.
8) Ability to analyze System Issues to troubleshoot using debuggers, Core Dumps, Stability issues and to optimize Boot Performance and identify work around for SoC issues.
1) Applicants should have a B.Tech / M.Tech in Electronics and Communications or Equivalent with 10+ yrs of exp.
2) Excellent programming skills in C and assembly language in Intel Architecture (IA).
3) In Depth Hands On Experience in BIOS, Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) or Tiano.
4) Deep understanding of Pre-boot environments (BIOS and UEFI), Firmware Update Flows.
5) Product Development experience in Low level Device Drivers/Firmware/BIOS/Bootloaders.
6) Well versed with Debug and Trace tools like JTAG, Intel CCA Debuggers, Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscopes.
7) In depth understanding of Single core vs Multi Core architecture, LPDDR Memory Controllers and cache configuration, Inter core interaction,IPC.
8) In depth understanding of Platform architecture: a) CPU and Peripheral IPs interaction - PCIe, USB, UART, eMMC,SATA,UFS. b) Connectivity IPs like Ethernet.
9) Good Experience with bare metal silicon Bring Up / Power On / custom OS Bring Up.
10) Define pre-Silicon and post-Silicon development strategy for the BIOS Firmware team.
11) Power and Performance Optimizations would be added advantage like CPU Low Power States, Use Case flows, Optimal Configurations of CPU/Memory.
12) Should be willing to work in highly cross-cultural, cross-disciplinary and cross-geographic locations.
13) Strong analytical and communication skills is a must.
Inside this Business Group
- Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
- Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.