This job posting has expired
Test Tool Developer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Hewlett Packard Enterprise advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
The Edgeline/Moonshot quality team is seeking an experienced qualified Technical Lead with experience in the computer technology field.
The senior software engineer will be expected to:
- Have experience with Industry Standard Server, Storage, and/or Networking products.
- Work with technical leads to understand development requirements.
- Work with software developers within the team to design and develop new features in existing or new test tools.
- Debug and troubleshoot development tool issues with various teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver quality Edgeline IoT and Moonshot systems.
- Demonstrate strong technical and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage competing development tasks and priorities in a fast-paced fluid environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as work in a team environment and demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position requires a person who can take initiative, a self-starter, team player, and takes on new challenge. Must also be able to effectively respond to changing program requirements, changes to product test plans and compressed schedules while meeting program development requirements. This role will require considerable flexibility, patience, and the appropriate persistence when dealing with customers, business partners, and other HPE teams.
The senior software engineer will work with product development teams to understand new product features required for test programs/projects, work with technical leads and testers to design and develop automated test tools, debug issues, and conduct technical coordination activities across a global validation team. There will be opportunities to work amongst a global, and culturally diverse team of engineers.
The senior software engineer will work closely with other software developers and Test Validation Technical Leads in order to ensure automated test coverage requirements are met, which in turn assures a high degree of customer satisfaction with HPE products.
The software engineer will be expected to continuously learn and demonstrate competencies in new technologies, products, and solutions.
- Work with software developers, technical leads, and product development teams to obtain product feature requirements.
- Work with technical leads to determine automated test tool functionality and requirements.
- Design and implement new test features in existing and new test tools.
- Test and debug automated test tools.
- Maintain and release automated test tools to QA teams and customers.
- Implement software solutions for multiple test programs/projects with internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, Validation, and integration.
- Reviews and evaluates the implementation and use of test automation and test tools.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into test validation of programs/projects of new and sustaining HPE products.
- The planning, development, and implementation of software tools for the testing and evaluation of current and next-generation HPE Edgeline, Moonshot and IoT products.
- Effectively collaborate with other developers and key technical and program/project personnel.
- Ensure development issues are resolved in a cost-effective, efficient, and timely manner.
- Debug and analyze issues to a successful resolution.
- Perform development testing in local and remote labs.
- Work closely with developers and technical leads to drive automated test execution to test engineers at various global locations.
- Provide training and guidance to test teams both onshore and offshore to properly install and execute test tools, and triage test tool results.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 2-5 years of experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to learn and explore new technologies and to build deeper technical depth in areas of expertise.
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of hardware and software interactions
- Extensive experience with multiple software systems tools.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of EFI and BIOS.
- Knowledge of CMU, WDS and PXE Deployment
- Experience in the overall architecture of software and hardware for products and solutions.
- Knowledge of programming or scripting languages, Python, PowerShell, Perl, Linux Shell, Java, MySQL, MS SQL Server
- Web development experience in PHP, Java, html, and Python, D’Jango Framework, and Grommet UI library is a plus.
- Experience working with and installation of Linux (RedHat, CentOS, SLES, Ubuntu), Windows Server operating systems, Windows Client operating systems, ESXi, VMWare.
- Knowledge of RESTful API, Redfish commands, and JSON format
- Knowledge of creating and using Docker containers and VMs.
- Experience in configuring Storage (internal/external storage, file systems, and raid/non-raid settings) and Networking devices (iSCSI, FCoE, IPs, VLANs, Bonding, Jumbo Frames, LAGs).
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as NIC teaming, VLANs, IPv4, IPv6.
- Evaluating forms and processes for software systems testing and methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language. Ability to effectively communicate product architectures, design proposals and negotiate options at the technical level and management levels.
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- Want to know more about HPE? Then let’s stay connected!