This job posting has expired
Professional Services Technical Consultant (associate)
Location : Hopkins, MN 55343
Headquarters : Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Consultant
Experience : Mid Level
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Master of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :15 - 25%
FIS is looking for motivated individuals who are keen to build business expertise in the financial markets including trading, portfolio management, risk management and trade processing. You will work directly with our customers to implement, customize and support the FIS Cross-Asset Risk and Trading Platform (formerly Front Arena) – our world class product.
Successful candidates will be part of our Global Professional Services organization working within an experienced team of product and technical specialists assisting our customers.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills:
- Master of Science, Computer Science or similar technical discipline with a strong interest in finance, or from a financial discipline with strong software development skills
- 1+ yrs. experience Software Development / Programming skills
- Willing to engage with customers onsite and remotely every day
- Proactive, enthusiastic and looking to be challenged
- Aspiring to develop a successful career with a leading financial technology company
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with traders, portfolio managers, risk managers and operations teams to ensure that FIS Cross-Asset Risk and Trading Platform aligns with their business requirements.
- Participating in the scoping and planning of implementation projects in conjunction with the customer, our development teams and other Professional Services staff.
- Developing your technical skills by customizing Front Arena for our clients using Python code and our proprietary Arena Extension Framework (AEF).
- Providing our product and development teams with detailed business requirements for new functionality required by customers
- Providing on-site customer support during as well as post-implementation, at customers throughout the USA, Latin America and elsewhere.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- Training across core financial, sales and FIS solutions
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
In a typical day you might join a project call with one our hedge fund customers and gather new requirements about their FX options products from their risk manager. You then test the implementation of a new volatility surface and validate the pricing model against the market. Later in the day you meet with your colleagues to learn about new features in the latest release of the FIS Cross-Asset Risk and Trading Platform and how they will benefit our customers.
Because your development is important to us, we will support your learning needs with a robust program of online, classroom and on-the-job training focusing on our products and the markets in which we work. As you develop knowledge of our business and experience with our solutions, you will become a specialist in your chosen area and will work on challenging projects in a stimulating environment, learning from some of the most talented and knowledgeable people in their field.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.