Pandemic Support Assistant
Location : Victoria, BC
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, Values and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health), patient and staff safety is a priority and responsibility shared by everyone. As such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Under the supervision of the Manager or designate, performs work in support of COVID-19 Contact Tracing and/or Testing and Collection sites. Performs work in support of COVID-19 Testing and Collection sites by providing and receiving clients/patients with testing packages.
Education, Training And Experience
Grade 12 plus six (6) months' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to deal with others in challenging situations
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Ability to type at 40 wpm
- Knowledge of Business English
- Knowledge of general office procedures