Production Support Analyst
POSTING DATE: Apr 5, 2021
PRIMARY LOCATION: Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal
EDUCATION LEVEL: Bachelor's Degree
JOB: Production Management and Operational Support
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full Time
JOB LEVEL: Associate
- To work with some of the best professionals in the business - for a firm that values individual intellect as much as teamwork
- State-of-the-art offices that are designed to maximize collaboration
- Flexible working arrangements
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An environment which is leveraging technology to its highest potential
Corporate and Funding Technology is comprised of three primary areas: Operations & Risk, Corporate and Client Financing.
- Operations & Risk helps the Firm’s businesses while maintaining a strong risk profile. The group includes Operations, Funding, Finance and Risk Technology.
- Corporate improves our operating environment and is made up of Legal, Compliance & Corporate Governance, Digital & Corporate Communications and Human Resources Technology groups.
- Client Financing platforms provide technology and service to our hedge fund and Asia high-net-worth clients. Groups include Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth Management Asia and Counterparty Risk Technology.
Firm Risk Management Technology is responsible for providing technology solutions to the firm for meeting regulatory and risk management needs. Candidate will be member of the team and responsible for stability and reliability of the system, and manage and support production system for Firm Risk System Technology Division at Morgan Stanley. Candidate will work with a Global team to keep the system running for end users and respond to impeding user needs and system issues. In this capacity, candidate will engage with wide range of stakeholders including business, Senior IT Managers and participating systems. Candidate with outstanding communication and problem skills and technical depth will likely thrive at this position.
Monitor, resolve system errors, disruptions. Document resolution. Manage Incident as per ITIL lifecycle. Liaise with upstream data providers to resolve issues. Respond to and solve inquiries and operations requested by users. Document, Review, handling and resolution steps for support scenarios.
Prepare and present stability reports and presentations. Analyze Alert and Stability trends and make recommendations. Investigate root cause of the issues, Inform and educate developers about the cause so that developers and mitigate the root cause.
Automate (1) Resolution of common problems (2) Routine investigations (3) Routine user requests using scripts or available programming platform. Lead reliability or business driven projects. Perform reliability engineering.
Skills Required :
- 3-5 year’s experience in Production support, automation, scripting and ITIL practice.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Proficiency in UNIX,
- SQL based database,
- Python/Perl or a programming language.
Skills Desired :
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. At Morgan Stanley Montreal, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Knowledge of French and English is required.
Spotlight on our Montreal Technology Centre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo5GaXpCwKs
- Video dated October 2019.
Build a career with impact. Visit morganstanley.com for more information.