Data Entry Clerk
Location : Rye Brook, NY
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Entry Level
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Receive and sort medical samples by product line or specimen type for laboratory testing. This includes courier check in, opening, patient verification, data entry and accessioning (numbering) and scanning copies of requisitions when needed. Use a computer for data entry, specimen verification and printing accessioning labels. Identify samples that require clarification
- Receive and reconcile specimens from courier. Sort medical samples by product line or specimen type for laboratory testing
- Order-enter patient, physician and specimen information accurately and efficiently
- Accession (number) all medical specimens (jars, tubes, slides), test requisition and all other paper information provided for both histology, cytology and third party reference laboratories
- Scan requisition into OnBase system for company-wide access via web site.
- Must be able to identify samples that are not processed in-house, but are forwarded to a third party reference laboratory (Send Out)
- Must be able to identify and confirm patient identity and specimen integrity
- Capable of processing send-back and confirmation specimens. This includes specimens that were either sent to CBLPath in error, received unlabeled or questionable
- Good problem solving skills needed.
- Identify and apply client specific instructions on a case by case basis
- Other duties as directed by the supervisor and/or department’s manager on a daily basis.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Company:CBL Path, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.