Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role is responsible for programing a feature and or a small feature set. Contributes to the team and works with direction from Senior Team Members or management and works independently.
- Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
- Collaborate with architect, product owners, QA engineers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
- Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
- Demonstrate the ability to help team members through pair programming and code reviews.
- Demonstrates awareness about product positioning and differentiations.
- Evaluate basic technology choices and articulate tradeoffs.
- BE/BTech/MTech in ECE /Computer Science /EEE /IT or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in design & development of high performing, scaling and innovative end to end embedded products and applications
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in programming with C++ on embedded platforms like QNX or embedded Linux or RTOS
- Experience in building features and enhancements on existing platforms/products/solutions
- Experienced in Programming (in C, C++) applications, components, and interfaces
- Experienced in using design patterns and OOAD tools
- Experience in LINUX/ QNX debugging tools like gdb, tcpdump
- Exposure to networking stack, TCP, UDP, socket communications
- Working knowledge in configuration management and defect tracking tools
- Proficient in unit and integration testing, test automation concepts and tools
- Working knowledge of python 2/3 and shell scripting.
- Experience in scrum/agile form of software development.
- Exposure to CI/CD process.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
- Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
- Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team
- Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
- Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new software frameworks
- Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other source
- Strong communication, interpersonal and Leadership skills
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.