Engineer - Design
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : Deerfield, Illinois, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Responsibilities of this position demand that the incumbent understand complex technical problems and demonstrate the ability to develop creative solutions. The incumbent will be a team member within On-Board Minestar India team. This person will ensure Terrain for Grading and Loading on-board products delivered with superior performance and quality.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Design / architecture and delivery of Software for Terrain for Grading & Loading on-board System
- Responsible for design and developing new feature concepts.
- Participate in global NPI & CPI issues in line with Caterpillar product development processes.
- Daily collaboration with global system engineers to identify problem solutions.
- Perform failure analysis, identify root cause, generate ideas, and propose solution to medium complex on-board system issues.
- Communicate results to suppliers, team members, and other business units.
- Perform product and process maintenance.
Requires a bachelor degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science experience or a masters degree in an Engineering, Computer Science.
Required Experience/ Skills:
Should have 6 to 9 years of experience in Software design and Development and have exhibited ability to work on complex assignments.
- Minimum 4+ Years of Experience on VC++ and Win32.
- Multi-threading experience.
- Socket Programming experience.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP or other data link communications
- Proven experience in Embedded System Product development projects
- Good product knowledge on Heavy machine mining equipment’s.
- Preferably from Grading and Loading or similar machine application background.
- Requires adequate knowledge on general Software engineering practices.
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.