Data Annotation (6 month contract)
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Contract
Experience : Mid Level
Algolux’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computer Vision (CV) technology will be powering self-driving vehicles. It requires world-class datasets with high-quality annotation to train AI and CV models. We are looking for Data Annotation Specialists to work with our product team in support of Algolux’s data collection, annotation, and quality assurance pipeline. As a Data Annotation Specialist, you will have the unique opportunity to be part of a team working to make self-driving cars safer!
The Annotation role is a Remote Work position. Annotation tasks will be completed using specialized software tools. After being trained to use these tools, annotation tasks will vary from pinning bounding boxes around objects in images to polygons, to doing image or pixel segmentation to time series annotations. The Data Annotation Specialist will also serve as quality control, performing validation tasks on other annotated work.
The ideal candidate is comfortable in a working from home (WFH) role and thrives in such an environment. They have great attention to detail, are comfortable doing repetitive work with data, and will be responsible for helping annotate large datasets for AI model training. Duties also require providing feedback for improvements on tools and processes, and on occasion, helping our field teams gather data onsite.
- Annotate and label image and video data via computer using various internal software programs.
- Attach metadata (comments, markups, etc.) to image data in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide constructive feedback to our engineers on tooling and processes for more efficient labeling, and to improve data quality.
- Maintain ownership of each annotation assignment, and respond to any changes in procedure and auditors.
- Evaluate metrics to help improve our productivity.
- DEC or AEC is preferred
- An excellent communicator
- Meticulous and detail-oriented
- Able to maintain sharp focus, even with repetitive tasks
- Willing to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Self-motivated to work independently, even with minimal supervision (training is provided)
- Some experience of similar activities would be a bonus, e.g. image segmentation and classification, data entry, etc.
- Previous remote-work experience and/or the ability and interest to work remotely
- This is a remote full-time contract (40 hours/week, day shift) for a duration of 6 months with the possibility of being prolonged.
Minimum PC Requirements:
- RAM: 8GB
- CPU: Intel i5 or higher (or its AMD equivalent)
- Minimum Internet Requirements:
- Download: 50mpbs
- Upload: 10mpbs
- Monthly Data limit: Unlimited
- LCD: 32-inch (provided by Algolux)
*** MULTIPLE POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE