Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Oakville, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- gives back to the community
- has leadership that inspires, coaches and mentors
- allows you to speak up and be heard
- AND ... likes to have FUN?
What about tech? Cutting edge solutions? Big Data and AI? Pelmorex has all of that covered!
The Weather Network is one of Canada’s most recognized brands and a world leader in providing weather information to help people plan their daily activities. As the media and advertising landscapes continue to rapidly evolve, we are looking for a product guru to help us extend our data product offering. As our Product Owner, Pelmorex Data Solutions, you will work with a group of product ninjas and technologists who support our advertisement offering and build new B2B data products for a diverse set of corporate clients.
What’s the Day to Day Look Like:
- Work with the data product leadership in a fast paced startup-like environment to develop and execute a roadmap of B2B data products
- Lead cross-functional teams (Technology, Design, Sales) to ideate and develop the continual improvement of our data insights products
- Analyze user feedback and market research to inform product development and business decisions
- Assess and triage product ideas from a wide range of sources (internal, external) to create a pipeline of ideas for product development
- Write detailed requirements and execution plans to define, develop and launch new features
- Provide input to the Product leadership in developing annual strategic plans, budgets and prioritizing business opportunities
Qualifications (Must Haves):
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- Demonstrated leader in product management with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience within the advertising industry
- Experience in working in an agile development environment
You are Made for This if You…
- Team player with proven ability to engage with and motivate across a variety of functions to successfully bring product innovation and projects to market
- An innovative thinker who can define a vision in offering differentiated products that support corporate clients from a diverse set of industries
- You can drive concepts from ideation to launch
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, project and product management skills
- Highly organized, detailed oriented and effective in resolving issues quickly
- Excellent documentation, presentation and negotiation skills
- Bilingual (English, French and/or Spanish) language ability an asset
What about the "other" stuff
- Full Medical & Health Benefits
- Remote Work environment until August 2021 .
- Read more about our remote work environment from our CEO, Sam Sebastian here!
- Summer Hours ️
- Fitness Allowance Program
- Course Reimbursement Program – We want you to keep learning, so we can too! Personal Days in addition to Vacation time off
- Open and transparent communication, including weekly AHMs with our CEO
- In-house Learning Academy that includes offerings like French, yoga, mindfulness
- We’re highly focused on doing the right thing.
- We’ll discuss issues and timelines professionally, so you have the time you need to do the best work you can
- You will see the result of your work pushed out to real users quickly
- We’re a team that enjoys learning new technologies and we’re open to trying new things
- We’ll try our best not to bog you down with boring meetings
Through constant innovation and entrepreneurship, Pelmorex has grown to reach consumers around the globe, has become one of the largest weather information providers and has broken new ground in providing data solutions and insights to businesses. Through harnessing the value of weather, Pelmorex is driven to make the world smarter and safer for consumers and businesses. #youwanttoworkhere