Mobile Engineer - iOS
Location : Torrance, CA
Headquarters : Torrance, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
If you're intrigued by the dream of working alongside the smartest & most revolutionary designers and engineers in the EV space, Canoo just may be the place for you. Are you a person who is irked by the status quo? Do you derive personal satisfaction from doing something you've never done before, and seeing that work actually put into production? Here at Canoo, every day is vastly different from the one before it, as we're moving swiftly toward our goal of changing the way the world looks at Urban Mobility. We're a well-funded start-up, led by the who's who of EV business leaders, whose passion brought them together on this special mission. We're diligently preparing for our first vehicle launch and looking for deeply experienced and passionate talent, who are not just looking for a “job," but rather are driven to raise the bar and create new benchmarks within the global EV industry. Read on...
We are building a groundbreaking electric vehicle which needs to be complimented by an amazing Mobile experience. This is an opportunity to build something new and impactful. You will work with the veteran product leaders to engineer a world-class interaction experience between Canoo and its customers.
- Work with the product and user experience teams to understand goals of the system
- Work with other teams to integrate the mobile application with the connected vehicle & cloud
- Develop and architect features that leverage the latest iOS technologies
- Create innovative solutions to meet our product requirements
- Write well structured, testable, efficient, and maintainable code
- Support vehicle launch activities relating to the Mobile application
- 3+ years of experience developing iOS Applications.
- Excellent Swift development skills
- Must have hands-on experience developing a complex mobile solution
- Experience connecting applications with backend services or IOT devices
- Experience with Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth LE
- Experience with iOS Location APIs
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Knowledge of Human Interface Guidelines for iOS
- Has shown the ability to function independently on a day-to-day basis
- Exhibits superior communications skills to express feedback and solve problems
What's Cool About Working Here...
- Four months paid primary care giver leave
- Flexible PTO
- Participation in the Employee Equity Compensation Plan
- Beautiful new facility in Torrance
- Casual workplace with an unbelievable feeling of energy
- Work in a high-growth start up that will redefine urban mobility
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.