Product Manager - Local Biz Product (Remote)
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : San Francisco, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
We are looking for a seasoned product manager to lead the charge for building new products and features for local business owners to manage online presence, advertise, and connect to potential customers. If you are looking to own a key part in our mission to help local businesses to grow, work in a billion dollar revenue company, and work with a cross functional group of Engineering, Design, Marketing teams, Biz Ops, Data Scientists, and other Product Managers then this role is for you.
The team you’ll work with is innovative, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of the product you’re working on and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment. Your work will have a huge impact on Yelp and the local business community.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- Listen to local business wants and needs, identify, analyze, and prioritize products and solutions to help small and local businesses manage online presence, advertise and connect to potential customers.
- Develop a product roadmap and write functional product requirements in collaboration with marketing, design, analytics, data science, and engineering teams, and other cross-functional partners.
- Work with our all-star engineering team to implement and roll out new features that drive revenue to our local business
- Manage the cycle of define / build / release / measure end-to-end.
- Define long-term roadmaps, prioritize features and evangelize product launches to executives, product managers, sales, business development, go-to-market team, and other stakeholders at Yelp.
- Move quickly. We strive for perfection but love to release and iterate
What It Takes To Succeed:
- You have 2 to 4+ years of product management experience. Experience of working with small business owners is a plus.
- Customer obsession: you genuinely care for our customers and know their needs the best, and translate customers wants and needs into concrete product features.
- Analytical: Solid understanding of metrics and strong analytical skill, with experience in A/B testing is a plus. You are business savvy and metrics driven to make the right product investment decision.
- Cross-functional: you will work very closely with the Engineering team, Marketing team, Design team, Biz Ops team, Data Science, Go to market team, etc. You will drive your projects and influence the roadmap of other cross functional teams.
- Problem solver: connect the dots, make sense of data, and offer creative solutions to unblock the team to execute. You thrive in ambiguity and lead the team to clarity.
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate with many stakeholders across different parts of the organization. You’ll need to go into a meeting discussing what to build, acquisition strategies, and back with data and analysis.
- Excellent in execution: you make things happen.
- A balance between strategic thinking and attention to details