Engineer - Low Voltage Circuit Breakers
Location : Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer - Low Voltage Circuit Breakers in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Demonstrated capability in design of Circuit Protection Devices like RCB,MCB, MCCB, ACB, Relay
- Completes system / component sizing, modeling, and simulation to meet Low Voltage Circuit Breakers requirements
- Select engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Modify existing products to support customer, manufacturing, applicable regulatory and industry standard, and market requirement.
- Develops test plans for short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards. Creates test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation. Responsible for conducting tests by ensuring deployment of standard practices. Assesses test results, root cause analysis through test findings/failures and takes corrective/preventive actions
- Responsible for some system engineering analysis. Completes / reviews analysis on components through the use of Ansys, Mat lab, MathCAD or Excel calculations
- Uses Creo to create component detail models and modifies models of existing products to meet new customer requirements. Supervises detail design in completion of detail drawings and packages
- Support Creation of new designs and advanced methodologies to support the Technical Roadmap of the organization
- Review Supplier Document Requirements List documents based on product requirements, customer specifications or industry standards like IEC, NEMA etc.,.
- Review, design proposals and documentation required to define & control products
- Participate in design reviews, both customer and internal as required
- Review reliability predictions, and Design Failure Modes and Effects analysis (FMEA) and structural/thermal/CFD results
- Participate in multi-discipline concurrent development and corrective action teams
- Perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications
- May provide formal and informal updates to Engineering Manager and Program Manager. Participates in the preparation for design review material
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in engineering in Mechanical
- 4 - 6 years
- Experience in designing Low voltage System, Circuit Protection Devices like RCB,MCB, MCCB, ACB, Relay
- Experience working with cross functional teams within and outside organization to drive design objectives in sustaining products
- Experience through all stages of the product development cycle
- Experience in short circuit, temperature rise, arc test in accordance with IEC/UL standards
- Hands on experience in product development leveraging DfX methodology
- Engineering technical expertise to solve problems and make design recommendations
- Proficient in CAD and PLM software
- Knowledge in Agile ProLaunch and PreLaunch processes
- Experience in product costing and analyzing cost break-up due to various manufacturing processes/ design features
- Experience in test object requirements, plan for assembly and finalize test parameters & instrumentation
- Knowledge of Electromechanical Systems
- Sound technical knowledge in Electromechanical products
- Thorough understanding of IEC / IEEE standards, UL certification, 3D modelling, PLM, ERP system knowledge
- Extensive experience with product design , sustenance , cost out, agile methodologies
- Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing & painting, cabling, assembly processes
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time