System Software Engineer, PVA Firmware
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- As the market leader in deep learning and parallel computing, NVIDIA is seeking a System software engineer to help us develop and optimize driver stack for our Programmable Vision Accelerator (PVA) engine in the Tegra SoC platform. As a Senior PVA Firmware Engineer, you will join a team of skilled software engineers in crafting highly optimized real-time software that enables acceleration of Computer Vision algorithms on NVIDIA's PVA hardware. You will work to efficiently map complex algorithms to the VLIW/SIMD hardware and optimize their performance. We seek engineers with excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills as well as a real passion for computer vision.
What you'll be doing:
- Architect, design, develop and support firmware for embedded microcontrollers within Nvidia Tegra SoC’s.
- Optimize firmware for various Vision Algorithms to efficiently run on NVIDIA TEGRA Hardware Accelerators and GPU
- Optimize low level system software to improve system robustness, performance and security.
- Perform system bring-up, debug, and validation.
- Ensure compliance to functional safety standards (ISO 26262 and ASPICE). This includes defining requirements, architecture and design with end-to-end traceability, performing safety analyses - FMEA/DFA/FTA and ensuring code compliance to MISRA and Cert-C standards.
What we need to see:
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Working experience in firmware and system software development.
- Strong software development skills in C and C++, including low-level debugging and performance profiling.
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills.
- Hands on experience in programming DSP, SIMD, or VLIW processors.
- Experience in embedded software development such as Linux and/or QNX.
- Good communication skills to work effectively with global teams.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 or equivalent quality/safety processes.
- Security, Safety and Quality coding practices: has experience and/or understands fault injection programming, static/dynamic code analysis, fuzzing, threat modeling, penetration test and so on.
- Understanding of software safety and safety development processes.
- Consistent track record to effectively guide and influence in technically strong multifaceted environment.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you. NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is looking for phenomenal people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of artificial intelligence.