Staff Engineer Embedded Software
Location : Gurgaon, Haryana
Headquarters : Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
- Dedicated achievers: People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
- Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
- Hard-working winners: Confident, competitive and results-oriented salespeople who create a track record of success.
- Collaborative partners: People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
- Analytical problem solvers: People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
- Quality-focused team drivers. People who push their team to deliver the highest quality products and solutions in a timely manner.
- The Embedded Software Staff Engineer role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to architect solutions for Stryker Communications product. The incumbent will work closely with R&D teams at multiple geographic locations and focused on providing solutions to customer needs/business problem by leveraging product feature discovery and designing the solution towards making health care better.
- 7-9 years of experience and proficiency in embedded software development.
- Excellent C, C++ and Python programming skills and hands on with embedded Linux and other RTOS.
- Work experience & knowledge on 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers.
- Excellent knowledge & hands on experience with CAN & CAN Open, TCP/IP protocol implementation and testing.
- Experience in Motor driver and LED driver are highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience on different embedded protocols like I2C, SPI, and Serial.
- Proficient in understanding schematic diagram for any hardware board.
- Proficient in designing software to control hardware devices and interfaces.
- Understands the micro-electronic domain sufficiently to ensure proper design and test methodologies.
- Ability to prototype and bench test designs.
- Proficiency in writing device drivers from scratch or debugging/enhancing device drivers on an embedded processor.
- Ability to set up development environment & tool chain for Linux based development.
- Prior experience with IEC-62304 Software Life Cycle Processes is desirable.
- Translate user needs to design inputs/specifications and produce advanced component and sub-system level designs.
- Analyze and correct complex product design issues, using independent judgment.
- Develop and design software systems per requirements and architecture defined.
- Code development time/resource estimation to support projects.
- Generate and review the necessary documents to support the project. (requirements/design/architecture/bugs/test).
- Advance solutions by applying in-depth knowledge of customer needs, market, and competitive offerings.
- Apply detailed knowledge of clinical procedures to author design inputs.
- Support Voice of Customer sessions internally and with clinicians.
- Be proficient with and mentor others in usage of industry standards, including design requirements and test strategies per applicable regulations.
- Lead creation and refinement of engineering documentation, such as the Design History file.
- Follow and mentor others on R&D procedures like design controls and risk management, per the Quality Management System.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, Regulatory, Clinical, Marketing and Project Management to ensure project success as a leader on the team.
- Identify and support the creation of or improvements to procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology.
- Build relationships and influence across the engineering groups within the business.
- Knowledgeable programming skills in firmware programming, C/C++, Python. Design new components applying various concepts design concepts and patterns.
- Knowledgeable with integrated development environments such as Eclipse & Visual Studio. Must be familiar with Git and SVN for Build management and code repository.
- Knowledgeable with tools for static/dynamic analysis, memory management, code coverage and techniques for analyzing software.
- Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Knowledge in creating estimates for code implementation time/resource for assigned tasks and projects.
- Knowledge from using Application Lifecycle Management /Traceability tools.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance standards for Medical device applied to the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Electronics/Software Engineering or related discipline.