Senior Software Engineer, Ripple Net Platform
Location : San Francisco, CA 94105
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
Ripple is growing rapidly and we are looking for a results-oriented engineer to help build the next generation payment platform that enables banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery.
The Senior Software Engineer will help lead the design of the next generation of payment applications that enable banks to instantly settle cross-border payments to create the Internet of Value. Ripple’s distributed financial technology outperforms today’s banking infrastructure by driving down costs, increasing processing speeds and delivering end-to-end visibility into payment fees, timing and delivery. As Ripple’s customer base grows globally, the Staff Engineer will help drive the move to a highly available cloud deployment, processing fast and resilient payments.
- Build enterprise, distributed payment applications that execute settlement within seconds to enable the Internet of Value
- Prototype new solutions for complex software problems and implement them for cloud and production bank deployments
- Be a technical subject matter expert and share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- A deep understanding of distributed systems architectures, trade offs and challenges as they relate to payment transactions.
- Experience building highly scalable and performant enterprise software
- Excellent working knowledge of Java and its ecosystem (i.e. threading, concurrency ... etc).
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge - the go-to person on the team for small and large questions
- Ability to encourage engineering best practices in a team and the larger department
What We Offer (USA):
Link to doc with benefits by regions:
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees; 65% paid for employee dependents
- Generous Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when needed
- Modern offices in San Francisco, London, New York and Singapore
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages and coffee drinks (and catered lunch twice a week!)
- Monthly team social activities like outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
- A culture of learning and development: employees have access to professional development workshops and reimbursement for continued learning
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Learn more about engineering at Ripple by visiting our blog, “Get Technical."
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.