Location : Burnaby, BC
Headquarters : Pullman, Washington, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
The devices we make at SEL are embedded in the power grid. They prevent blackouts. They make outages safer and shorter in duration; they add cybersecurity, automation, and communication. They use cutting-edge technologies and operate at speeds that push other pieces of the grid to go faster. As a Software Engineer in R&D, you’ll work on innovating safety critical code for hard real time embedded systems that support everyday life, from critical, life-saving operations to everyday tasks, like flipping a light switch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Participate in the design, implementation, and test of firmware/software systems.
2. Understand hardware and software interactions, and collaborate with Hardware Engineers.
3. Prepare and maintain designs and test documentation.
4. Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians.
5. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
6. Understand. Create. Simplify.
7. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
Typically 2+ years experience in one or more of the following areas: - Embedded systems firmware development including:
- Real-time firmware design
- C and assembly languages - Embedded Linux systems development including:
- C, C++, Python
- Other scripting languages
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Burnaby, BC -This position is located in Burnaby, BC, east of Vancouver. Burnaby is the one of the largest cities in British Columbia. Burnaby has designated 25% of their land to parks and open spaces, making it ideal for those looking for that big city feel and maintaining the comfort of open spaces.
Communication with Applicants
SEL sends an initial e-mail response to all applicants at time of résumé or CV submittal. If you do not receive this communication, please check your SPAM filter and make sure your system is not blocking e-mails from SEL. It is important that you ensure your receipt of this e-mail as SEL may communicate future position updates via e-mail.SEL is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/Vets/Disabled.