Software Developer, Embedded Systems, Devices & Services
Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with a relevant advanced degree.
- Experience with embedded systems design in C or C++.
- Experience with embedded programming.
- Experience working with embedded processors and graphics programming.
- Performance analysis and optimization experience particularly in the domains of embedded systems or machine learning.
- Experience with RTOS development on microcontrollers or embedded processors.
- Experience working with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: microcontrollers, DSP, device drivers, hardware bringup, power management, ARM processors, performance optimization, file systems, bootloading, firmware, or hardware/software integration.
- Ability to work across multiple teams.
- Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- As a member of our team you will be responsible for building and optimizing the low-level software that our products are built upon.
- Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Architect, design, and develop software for embedded processors.
- Write robust, reliable, efficient, and testable low-level software to interface with sensors, displays, and other peripherals.
- Optimize and tune system power and performance across the stack.
- Work closely with other teams on solving cross-functional problems to create compelling experiences.
- Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.