Senior Staff Software Development Engineer in Test
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Seattle, WA 98109,United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- Virtual is ok for this opportunity, although we prefer someone have regional proximity to the Seattle office as some in person meetings may happen occasionally in the future.
- Join Impinj and help us realize our vision of boundless IoT—trillions of things connected to the Internet. We’re inventing ways to bring all things online—including apparel, automobile parts, medical supplies, and luggage. With over 50 billion things connected to date, our platform has been used around the world. Together with our partners and customers, we solve for a better understanding of our world and how things move through it. If it’s a thing, we’re working to connect it.
- As a senior test software engineer on the reader team, you will be responsible for designing and developing the software test systems used to test Impinj RAIN RFID reader products.
What you’ll do:
- Design and develop software and systems for testing reader products including libraries, frameworks, test cases, and debug tools.
- Evaluate existing software test systems for reliability and scalability, and lead efforts to update and improve them.
- Work closely with software, hardware, and production test teams to develop software test systems that result in higher quality products, improved development efficiency, and meet regulatory compliance.
- Analyze and investigate test automation data and results.
- Mentor other specialists.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or similar field.
- 6+ years of professional experience developing or testing in Python, C#, or other object-oriented language.
- In-depth knowledge of embedded Linux systems.
- Experience testing and debugging network devices.
- Experience testing and debugging RF devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why work at Impinj:
Know you’re making a difference. Competitive benefits. Support for remote work or a desk with a view. Weekly Q&A sessions with our executive team. Impinj provides an environment that fosters openness and innovation and is developing technology that delivers a positive impact on the world. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated. We have an open paid time-off policy paired with a respect for work/life balance. Our headquarters is located in Seattle with spectacular views of the Olympics, Lake Union, and Mt Baker, which can be enjoyed from our rooftop deck. Impinj is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.