Senior Software Engineer, Firmware
Location : Waltham, MA 02451
Headquarters : Carlsbad, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
MaxLinear is seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Firmware to join our growing team. In this position, you will focus on the following:
- Deliver production embedded software into end customer products
- Work with Linux, RTOS, or BareMetal environments
- Implement support scripts, build automation, testing and test automation, and release processes
- Support development of embedded code, hardware, and systems
- Collect and manage performance and regression results
- Strong C/C++ skills
- Working knowledge of Python and Make; MATLAB experience is a plus
- Familiarity with several processor architectures i.e., ARM, Intel, MIPS
- Understanding of Computer Systems Architectures
- Experience developing BareMetal, RTOS and Linux embedded applications in SMP and AMP environments
- Experience with digital signal processing or wireless communications is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to expand knowledge base and quickly adapt to a new environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, take ownership, and effectively communicate with team members and customers
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, or related discipline + 5 years of experience, or MS
We hire the best people in the industry and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities that connect the world we live in today. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
MaxLinear began by developing the world’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high-performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products that drive 4G and 5G infrastructure; enable data center, metro and long-haul optical interconnects; bring 10Gbit to the home; power the IoT revolution; and enable robust and reliable communication in harsh industrial environments. Over the years, we’ve expanded through organic growth and through several acquisitions that have perfectly complemented our existing portfolio and enabled us to deliver complete end-to-end solutions in our target markets. One such example was the acquisition of Intel’s Home Gateway Platform Division that added Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Broadband Gateway Processor SoC technology to our connected home portfolio creating a complete and scalable platform of connectivity and access solutions to fully address our customers’ needs.
Our headquarters are in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, California; Vancouver, Canada; Valencia, Spain; Bangalore, India; Villach, Austria; Munich, Germany; Israel; and Singapore.
We have approximately 1,500 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our employees thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building the best and most innovative products on the market.