Software Platform Engineer
Location : Boston, MA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
- Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
- Olympus is seeking a Software Platform Engineer to participate as a member of the Global Customer Solutions R&D team. The Software Platform Engineer is responsible primarily for integrating proprietary software and hardware systems by creating within embedded Windows operating systems the proper environment so that various microservices can run efficiently, reliably, and securely. The job is part software engineer, and part systems engineer. The ideal candidate will work as part of a team to make the various hardware, software, and operating system components work together. The job involves helping to establish the proper startup sequencing, communications, and security infrastructure by a combination of container management (like Docker), communications management (like writing software communication interfaces), and proper security and maintainability environments (by managing device provisioning.) The job involves working with various Olympus products with a focus on Olympus's Surgical Integration system. This job involves the development of unique and innovative Windows and Cloud based applications and services for integrated operating rooms and their associated systems. The job involves working with a multidisciplinary team of software and devops engineers.
- Design and development of hardware and software application environments for Windows-based platforms.
- Design and development of various software interfaces to enable the flow of information between proprietary hardware interfaces via socket and rs-232, and custom software interfaces via GRPC and HTTP/Rest.
- Interface with standardized medical communication interfaces. (e.g. HL7 DICOM)
- Write software and/or system design specifications.
- Analysis of data from engineering perspective to provide performance information. Interpretation of results to recommend course of action.
- Work closely with test engineering to transition software and resolve issues during verification testing.
- Support of service and field related issues as well as some limited travel to address field issues.
- Design & development of cloud-based applications for IoT device management and telemetry
- Unit testing to resolve integration issues prior to verification and validation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
- 0-3 years as a professional programmer.
- May require Occasional Travel and to work in a hospital or clinical environment.
- Practical experience debugging complex applications.
- Practical experience building/using software APIs Practical experience creating and interfacing with databases (for example SQL Server or MongoDB).
- Practical experience using source control tools (preferably GIT) and building code in a shared environment.
- The successful candidate will: demonstrate that she is a hard worker and is passionate about software development through demonstration of previous accomplishments.
- Want to work as part of a team to and demonstrate commitment to delivering value to the team, to the stakeholders, and to the customer.
- Will be excited to create great product, and will seek satisfaction from making the company succeed in its goals.
- Will have a strong and practical sense of innovation. Generate constructive suggestions of new ideas and ways of working to solve difficult technical challenges.
- Communicate effectively with team domain experts customers and business leaders.
- Be proficient/familiar with current SW development technologies and curious about new developments that could be used to benefit current or future projects.
- Be adaptable open-minded and ready to change in a fast-evolving environment.
- We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
- It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.