Data Engineer 3-2
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Who we are: Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary: Data Engineer 3
PayPal is seeking SAP BPC/BW Planning and Reporting /HANA Developer to join Finance and Analytical Services Team in Hyderabad. As a member of FADS Core Finance team, Developer will be responsible for providing Domain expertise in their area to help develop new finance planning and consolidation functions and reports, improve existing planning and consolidation processes and reports, and be able to learn new Technologies and Tools; work cross-functionally with FP&A, Global Finance Operations,. Global Finance Products, Global and local controllership, and other stakeholders to implement new processes, reports, and data analytics; Present findings and recommendations to senior-level/non-technical stakeholders.
- Develop and Support Expense planning process functions including Opex, Capex, and Headcount; Develop and enhance planning input forms, queries and reports.
- Develop and Support Finance Consolidations process functions and reports.
- Expertise in BPC Embedded Planning using Planning Functions, Planning Sequences, Data Slices, Aggregation Levels, FOX Scripting, and ABAP.
- Expertise in BPC Classic modelling using CPMB objects, Conversion and Transformation Files, and Data Retraction functions.
- Expertise in BW 7.x and HANA object development and reporting using Query Designer, Analysis for Office, and EPM.
- Design complex end to end Planning and Reporting Solutions. Must have strong Domain Knowledge and Data Analysis to translate Business Requirements into Actionable Insights.
- Expertise on building SAP HANA artifacts, like complex Calculation views, Analytical views, SQL Stored Procedures, etc.
- Develop and Support high quality, complex data analytics reports that present business metrics using latest Business Intelligence Tools.
- Knowledgeable in SAP General Ledger (FI), Asset Accounting, Master Data and Hierarchy concepts.
- Experience in supporting monthly planning cycles, monthly consolidation close process. Play a key role in Forecast an Budget planning activities, Budget Transfers, and User Support during monthly cycles.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key Business Stakeholders. Drive, support audit requests in a timely manner.
- Drive Key Tasks, Projects end to end with minimal guidance. Must be a self starter, looks for opportunities to learn and grow.
Required Skills include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field is preferred
- 8+ years of combined expertise in SAP BPC Embedded and Classic Modelling, BW, HANA.
- Experience in using SAP ECC data extractors, third party ETL tools like Informatica, etc.
- Experience developing BW queries, input forms, reports, and workbooks and reporting tools AO and EPM.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel Macro scripting in deploying BPC input forms.
- Ability to work with business users and convert their requirements into effective usable solutions.
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting issues
- Affinity for a high-performance, project-oriented work environment; ability to pivot to critical path tasks as necessary
- Team oriented individual and self-starter who excels at learning new processes and business functions
- Good communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Good written skills with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation
- Strong technical/development background and proven ability to dig into technical details and manage deployments from end-to-end.
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of application development programs and release management processes.
- Experience managing projects through the full development life cycle including support during pilot, rollout, and post production.
- Strong business expertise, keen understanding of business needs, and ability to translate these needs into aggressive yet achievable roadmaps and delivery schedules.
- Proficient with release documentation and comfortable developing/using metrics to measure release success and identify efficiency improvement areas.
- Success in developing artifacts to support major software implementation projects with multiple stakeholders across several regions.
- Professional maturity combined with high energy and collaborate with other teams.
- Experience working in large, complex environments, with specific focus on infrastructure and/or applications development.
- Proven ability to manage diverse, highly complex problems and ability to devise solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple project teams and inter-related workstreams including collaboration across multiple organizations such as PMO, IT, QA, Release Management, and Finance operations
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.