Staff Engineer - Media APP and HAL
Location : India
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Technically Leading team of 7-10 Engineers for PoCs (Internal Projects) Or Customer Requirements
- Lead one or multiple projects/assignments simultaneously
- Convert Marketing requirements to technical requirements & define Internal PoC (Proof Of Concept) Projects
- Define trainings, ramp-up plan & execution plan for internal projects (PoCs) to enhance skills & competency in the new technology domains
- Discuss, identify and propose the correct business solutions and advise on the software architecture options, technologies, their impacts and decisions to internal & customer projects
- Generate RFI responses to Marketing/Customer Requirements
- Design, Documentation (SRS, Design, Feasibility Report etc.), Project Planning and Execution
- Help determine skill & resource requirement, Effort Estimation & timeline for meeting customer requirement
- Help determine technical Risk, issues & mitigation options/plans
- Resolve technical & design conflicts/issues; provide technical leadership to implementation team
- Talk to Sales/Business Development/Customer to understand upcoming business and technical requirements
- Mentor development team members and technical senior staff
- Customer Communication – Requirement Freezing, Weekly Calls, Deliverables etc
1. 8 - 10 years of experience in Embedded Software with sound fundamental of C/C++/Python
2. Expert with any multimedia HAL framework (Gstreamer, openmax, openXR, openVR, SteamVR, ALSA) on Linux
3. Strong fundamentals on Kernel & user-space programming.
4. Strong in debugging and communication
5. Strong Video &/or Audio Fundamentals.
6. Hands on experience in Video/Audio domain.
7. Extensive work on media framework (Gstreamer, openmax, openVR, openXR, ALSA).
8. Hands on experience in Video Codec & Graphics engine.
9. Must have hands on experience working in embedded Linux building, Uboot configuration, kernel compilation, Linux start-up sequencing, file-systems, debugging kernel messages for cross platforms etc.
10. Hands on knowledge on yocto build system.
11. Hands on experience in any of the GPU, using APIs or CUDA programming.
12. Must have hands on experience working in embedded Linux building, Uboot configuration, kernel compilation, Linux start-up sequencing, file-systems, debugging kernel for cross platforms etc.
13. Familiarity with development using Host - Target tool chains for embedded platforms
14. Experience in system level debugging, reverse engineering, Linux Internals, Protocol level knowledge of interfaces would be required
- Hands on experience on debugging tools like GDB, KGDB, JTAG, ADB and tools used for debug at multimedia HAL layer.
- Familiarity with tools like Logic Analyzer, DSO/CRO, Spectrum Analyzer would be added advantage
17. Sound knowledge of SW development tools such as Git, Confluence, JIRA, bit-bucket, SourceTree etc. is must
18. Passionate about learning new technologies, methodologies, strategies and processes
19. Should be able to work in aggressive, high pressure environment
20. Excellent written and verbal communication
21. Self-starter, problem-solving mentality, and creative thinker
22. Good in documentation & shall be able to prepare the specification, design documents, test plan & test reports from requirements
- Reading schematics, datasheets, technical reference manual and Silicon revision sheet
a. Positive Learning Attitude
b. Logical Reasoning/Analytical Skills
c. Debugging/Problem Solving Skills
d. Lead Team of 5-8 Engineers
e. Documentation, Effort Estimation, Project Planning, Presentation
1. Quality process – CMMi, Agile Scrum is required
2. Good knowledge of working with Open source software packages is preferred
3. Close cooperation with other leaders and projects managers
4. Any Contribution to any open source multimedia software development community is added advantage