Location : Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Headquarters : Singapore
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Provide leadership to a project with appropriate technical options and well suited design standards for embedded system product development system level validation and performance optimization strategies.
- Design develop and implement system level specifications.
- Develop highly optimized secured code debugging integrating firmware/ applications and development level testing of complex SW/HW systems.
- Work directly with IP owners product (HW & SW) architects for design and debugging as per the project needs.
- Prepare Release Notes and participate in release strategies.
- Mentor lead and manage Developers I II III – Embedded Software Engineers based on project needs
- Identify and recommend appropriate tools (SW & HW) for the project.
- Developing utilizing various debug validation tools and/or methodologies to implement Development and validation plans
- Create share best practices and lessons learned with the team.
- Optimizes efficiency cost and quality.
- Influence and improve customer satisfaction
- Set FAST goals for self/team and also provide feedback to FAST goals of team members
Measures of Outcomes:
- Adherence to embedded design process and standards
- Quick turnaround on multiple alternative solutions determining the most suitable
- Number of technical issues uncovered during the execution of the project
- Number of review feedback post Software Lead II review based on project SLA
- Number of design and test defects post-delivery based on project SLA
- Quick turnaround on defect fixing for design and tests based on project SLA
- Adherence to testing methodologies and compliance process
- Adherence to project schedule / timelines
- Deploy Innovation techniques and publish white paper
- Team management and productivity improvement as per Project SLA.
- Lead requirement engineering; collaboration with internal and external customers to understand their needs
- Embedded design architecture/LLD and linking to requirements
- Design the embedded SW and code as per design patterns coding standards templates and checklists.
- Develop automated tools or scripts for the validation environment.
- Analysis and testing of prototypes validate the designed software document the analysis and test results
- Create documentation for one's own work and contribute to creation of design HLD LLD/architecture for component/system software/ application diagnostics and test results
- Report status of tasks assigned; comply with project related reporting standards/process
- Lead design reviews add value take responsibility for the design and overall quality of the embedded software
- Adhere to release management process for circuit simulation design schematics board files
- Adhere to embedded software design regulatory and test compliance
- Estimate time effort resource dependence for one's own work and for projects' work. Accurately define and document the technical side of the project schedule with estimates and identified risks
Interface with Customer:
- Clarify requirements and provide guidance to development team. Present design options to customers and conduct product demos
- Manage delivery of embedded software and manage requirement understanding and effort estimation.
- Set FAST goals and provide feedback. Understand aspirations of team members and provide guidance opportunities etc. Ensure team is engaged in project
- Perform defect RCA and mitigation. Identify defect trends and take proactive measures to improve quality
- Consume project related documents and specifications. Review the reusable documents created by the team
- Ability to create Embedded C Program Development for system level.
- Ability to do C++ programming (OOP) Assembly programming skills
- Ability to handle OS Scheduler Pre-emptive Round robin & Cooperative scheduling related work
- Ability to handle SW development in area of CAN Diagnostics Vehicle Functions etc.
- Aptitude in Networking protocols such as CAN LIN etc
- Ability to select right IoT & IO protocols as per problem statement.
- Ability to do Unit Testing (Tessy & RTRT) using appropriate Integration Testing Tools
- Ability to define and execute test cases with techniques (White Box and Black box)
- Ability in Closed loop LabCar INCA or similar tools
- Capacity to configure GDT framework.
- Ability to adhere to software quality standards (MISRA PCLINT QAC).
- Ability to debug using embedded tools
- Ability to do automation and configure Simulation Tools.
- Proactively ask for and offer help
- Ability to work under pressure determine dependencies risks facilitate planning and handle multiple tasks.
- Build confidence with customers by meeting deliverables in time with quality.
- Estimate effort time resources required for developing / debugging features / components
- Make decisions on appropriate of the Software / Hardware’s.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities