Camera (Multimedia) Systems SW engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Systems Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
Qualcomm is the innovation leader in the area of integrated chipsets that power advanced mobile devices. We are building on and expanding our reputation as the industry powerhouse for innovation in both wireless technologies and enabling advanced multimedia capabilities. Join Qualcomm India and become part of the growing multimedia systems team that innovates to bring the higher performance on mobile multimedia capabilities at the lowest power consumption and device cost, while providing the strongest feature differentiation. We are seeking experienced system engineers for our cutting-edge efforts in areas related to image processing, video codec architecture/design and computer vision. Successful candidates will be part of a systems and R&D team that develops embedded camera and imaging solutions, image signal processor (ISP), video codec hardware as well as advanced algorithms for computer vision and image/video processing. Responsibilities: The job responsibilities may include a subset of the following:
- Delivering the algorithm implementation in existing software product and supporting the commercialization
- Developing/Implementation of image/video quality tuning algorithms
- Image/Video processing algorithm complexity optimization and quality trade-offs
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 2+ years’ systems engineering in image/signal processing domain
- 4+ working experience with C/C++ programming
- Background in digital signal processing, statistics and data analysis
- Working experience with image processing algorithms. Background in color science and image signal processor pipelines is a plus.
- Programming skills – C/C++ must. MATLAB, Python will be a plus
- Working experience of Data Structures, User Interfaces in C++ will be plus.
Required: Bachelor’s in Computer science or Electrical & Computer Engineering
Preferred: Master’s in Computer science or Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
- Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
- Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
- Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
- Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodation support
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers .