Field Applications Engineer
Location : San Jose, CA 95131
Headquarters : San Jose, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Gathering business and application requirements from the customer, including forward interaction and promotion of Supermicro products
- Design and implementation of customer solutions with products and platforms available, both on and off roadmap
- Leading training and education efforts on Supermicro and market technology, focused on customer needs and requirements
- Working with Sales, Engineering, Management, and Operation teams to initialize or support business at the customer and Supermicro
- Supervising, guidance of customer projects and delivery together with Sales and Operation teams. Attention to detail is a must for projects, which may include many moving parts in the equation
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and 3+ years of experience in the field, or an equivalent combination of professional experience and training
- Customer focused and analytical mindset with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to draw upon technical and/or product knowledge in configuration of Supermicro or related products
- Experience in business IT systems, datacenter builds, server and/or workstation technology
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Occasional bending and standing.
- Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
- Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
- May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)