Customer Advocacy Manager
Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
BlackBerry® – the iconic brand you know and trust – is now a market-leading cybersecurity software and services company.
Today, BlackBerry already secures more than 500M endpoints including 175M cars on the road. Through independent research, Frost & Sullivan determined that BlackBerry is well-positioned to secure all IoT endpoints, and upwards of 96% of all cyber threats in the current landscape ( read the Frost & Sullivan Assessment ). BlackBerry is leading the way with a single platform for securing, managing and optimizing how intelligent endpoints are deployed in the enterprise, enabling our customers to stay ahead of the technology curve that will reshape every industry.
Named by Cybersecurity Ventures as 1 of the top 150 companies to watch, our top customers include all the G7 governments, 9 of the top 10 global financial institutions & automotive OEMs, as well as the largest global aerospace, defense, healthcare, and media companies.
Come join us as we deliver ‘Intelligent Security. Everywhere.’
Are you the person we are looking for?
The Customer Advocacy Manager will be responsible for helping to grow and strengthen our Customer Advocacy program and initiatives. Through the voice of our customers and partners, we demonstrate how brands across the globe are using BlackBerry to innovate and secure their business, people, and endpoints. The ideal candidate is passionate about building relationships with customers, and engaging customers, to bring to life the success stories, case studies and use cases of our customer champions and amplifying them through the development of content, testimonials, references, Gartner Peer Insights (GPI) reviews and surveys to promote the BlackBerry offerings, brand, and customer success.
This position is cross-functional, requiring steady communication and project management with BlackBerry’s Corporate Marketing, Corporate Communications, Sales Enablement, Demand Generation, Customer Success, Customer Lifecycle Management teams, Industry and Financial Analyst Relations, Product Marketing, Sales and Business Unit leadership, Events team. This individual will be required to manage timely deliverables with strong communication, be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, cross-functional environment, be organized and detail-oriented, a collaborator as well as independent contributor.
The role will report to the Vice President of Communications.
Role can be based in Waterloo-Toronto - Canada, San Ramon, CA; Irvine, CA.
- Drive customer advocacy program development, activities and initiatives that nurture existing customer relationships and develop new customer relationships that extend across programs and activations, showcasing our customer successes and industry leadership.
- Deliver internal stakeholders with relevant customer testimonials and use cases to promote at events (both industry and BlackBerry hosted), press releases, social media, and other public activities.
- Build program strategies and tactics for growing customer reference pipeline/reference pool that can be leveraged across the BlackBerry business, globally.
- Follow a repeatable process for identifying and nurturing customer advocates, and targets, that support GTM, pipeline, marketing and demand gen campaigns and Corporate Marketing/Communications and Events priorities.
- Own and build Gartner Peer Insights (GPI) reviews process; securing net new reviews monthly to support quarterly and YoY goals for the business.
- Liaise with Industry and Financial Analyst teams to identify and source referenceable customers for reports and presentations.
- Identify and take on ad hoc projects and/or assignments.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on current and ongoing customer advocacy activities, activate them to join in sharing and promoting across their orgs and networks.
- Manage creative/agency and content/editing resources as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- 7 years of experience with BS/BA or 5 years of experience with MS/MA in B2B cybersecurity, security, cloud, and/or enterprise technology industries in a customer advocacy, customer reference, or customer-facing integrated marketing role.
- Customer-first focus mindset.
- Demonstrated success creating and delivering compelling customer stories – written, video, other, stage - includes drafting, approval process with customers, legal, BlackBerry internal, other. (* Ability to share samples during interview/screen process.)
- Experience managing and securing Gartner Peer Insights (GPI) reviews from customers and manage the process, internal and external.
- Experience working with customers and partners at all levels, including briefings, CABs, sponsorship programs, user groups, etc.
- Clear and direct communicator, strong project management and operations, marketing experience. Flexible with ability to pivot quickly. Understands urgency and prioritize appropriately.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Kapost, a plus.
- Strong writing, editing, skills.
- Eager to join a small yet mighty team that thrives on cross-functional engagement to achieve our objectives.
Success will be measured by your ability to increase customer advocacy (including developing and expanding references, referrals, testimonials, case studies and use cases), and increase loyalty and retention through customer participation and customer engagement, which includes successful completion and increased numbers in customer reviews/GPI, scoring and tracking.
Job Family Group Name:Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40