Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) is an IoT pioneer, empowering businesses and industries to transform and thrive in the connected economy. We are a growing organization with a clear vision for being the IoT partner of choice for wireless device-to-cloud solutions. Our values of Innovation, Execution and Trust are the guiding principles in everything we do. Sierra Wireless has over 1,400 employees globally and operates in North America, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.sierrawireless.com.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
At Sierra Wireless diversity is valued and celebrated. We strive to foster an inclusive organization. As a proud equal opportunity employer, we welcome people of every race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status to grow their careers here.
We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Advanced Manufacturing Team, reporting to the Director, Manufacturing Engineering. You will be working in the broader Manufacturing Team and will play an important role in drive advancement in technology, process and automation.
As a Project Manager, you will spend your time optimizing existing production for quality and cost improvement, including exploring automation opportunities, new technology and process development and standardizations.
- Lead new machine selection and rollout into factories including the definition of selection criteria and assigning scores for various criteria
- Prepare business cases and defence of new technologies, processes, and machines
- Research and bring in new technology (all aspects) for team review and selection
- Work with CTO office on concepts and identify, develop, industrialize, and document the required advanced/new technology processes to the level that can get introduced to the EMS factories and can support product industrialization NPI needs
- Work with Engineering to ensure all products are designed to be manufacturable at the highest yield, lowest cost
- Identify active divergent manufacturing test solutions and define and demonstrate improved alternatives that could support cost reduction, quality improvement, reliability increase
- Manage technically complex projects such as automation, new technology development and cloud connectivity
- Understand the Manufacturing Operations data flow processes and actively identify structural improvement and automation opportunities in both product and data flow
- Ensure all work is documented to high standard including ISO9000
- Degree in relevant technical field (electrical, mechanical, IT, automation etc) or equivalent broad experience in these fields 3+ years hands-on experience in a wireless/cellular R&D environment
- Minimum 5-8 years previous experience expected in relevant industry (electronics/telecom OEM, automation etc.)
- Ability and desire to drive high-level initiatives in multi-stakeholder environments but also roll up sleeves and dig several layers deep into technical issues
- Open & independent self-learner and team player
- Track record of applying new technology to build high performing manufacturing tools and multi-tier applications
- Self-motivated to meet multiple deliverables
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Patient to drive for the ‘best’ solution, yet result oriented to complete tasks within the available timeframe
- Strong self & team management skills
What We Offer
Our people are friendly, collaborative, and like to share their ideas and knowledge with one another. This creates an amazing environment where we learn from each other and innovate together.
Our Canadian benefits include paid vacation and sick days, extended health and dental insurance, vision care, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, matching retirement savings program, and employee and family assistance programs.
Our Richmond headquarters offers a subsidized cafeteria, free parking, free shuttle service from Skytrain, a Wellness Program that includes an onsite fitness center, onsite fitness classes led by professional instructors, free healthy snacks each month, and wellness activities and challenges to keep our minds and bodies active. We also host various social and cultural events throughout the year where we come together to have fun and celebrate. Within our Global Inclusion and Diversity Program, our Employee Resource Groups provide opportunities for our people to support and champion Women in Tech, Pride at Sierra, and Mental Health Awareness.
If you like working with a successful team, are looking for competitive salary and benefits, and the opportunity to represent a recognized and innovative brand, we’d love to have you join our team!
How to Apply
Please submit your resume online through our careers website: www.iotstartswithus.com. If you are a job seeker with a disability and you need individualized support during the application or interview process, please leave us a note on your application form.
We thank you for your application and appreciate your interest in Sierra Wireless, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.