Product Designer - Meal Delivery
Location : Toronto, ON (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Hey there! Just in case you were wondering, this role will be remote for 2021 until further notice. A member from our recruitment team can explain this in more detail if selected to move forward to the initial phone screen. We look forward to hearing from you!
Who we are
Compass Digital Labs is an organization that drives innovation for Compass Group NA, an $18 billion food hospitality organization. Compass Group serves over 3 billion meals per year in award winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more. As the innovation branch of Compass Group, we’re custom-built for fast-paced transformation at the intersection of hospitality and technology. We’re focused on delivering the best experiences possible for our customers and consumers.
What we do
We are a team of high performing problem solvers with the same vision: to drive the digital future in hospitality. As digital experts we are focused on building a diverse set of products and solutions for our consumers. Our core products include mobile apps, self-serve kiosks and POS. We also invest in areas like AI, IoT and frictionless retail. Here we work with the “art of the possible” ideas, where we explore and develop the future of hospitality and technology.
As a Product Designer, you will work with our meal delivery and back of house kitchen team. This team focuses on creating the best experiences for our mobile delivery application users and maximizing kitchen operational efficiencies through our management tools. You will work within an agile team collaborating closely with product managers, researchers and engineers.
We are looking for a designer who loves to think holistically about experiences and is passionate about details in all aspects of different touchpoints of user experience. Meal delivery focuses on a moment that spans across multiple platforms and user groups. Our meals are delivered at higher education campuses to corporate campus cafeterias.
What you will be doing:
- Apply design thinking processes and work closely with Product Managers to define better UX and problems to solve for our products.
- Full end to end design from ideation, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity to final delivery of design files to developers
- Be a driving force to help build a repository of standardized UI components that align to the principles and approach outlined in the CDL Design System and help speed development
- Contribute to planning and conducting usability testing
- Work closely with our research team to understand our user needs
- Collaborate with product managers to set metrics to measure performance
What you will bring
- 3+ years of cumulative product design experience at a digital product agency or in house environment
- A degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or other design-related discipline
- A portfolio with a proven track record for solving complex problems
- A comprehensive understanding of the end to end iterative design process, including how to research user needs, map user journeys, wireframe, prototype, conduct usability testing, and more.
- Experience working on native iOS/Android and cloud platforms
- Good understanding of accessibility
- Proficiency in Figma
- Ability to present your designs and articulate your solutions
- Experience engaging with technically complex workflows and information architecture.
- You love fast-paced environments
- You are curious, and willing to go above and beyond the job description
- You make a great thought partner with cross-functional teams
- You are an excellent storyteller and communicator
- You exude a can-do attitude and enthusiasm