Contract - Hardware Design Engineer
Location : West Union, SC 29696
Headquarters : Liberty Lake, Washington, United States
Hiring Mode : Contract
Hiring Role : Hardware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
*Contract to Hire opportunity*
Itron is a world-leading technology and services company dedicated to the resourceful use of energy and water. Itron is a $2B company with 8K employees in 58 world-wide locations supporting nearly 8,000 customers in more than 100 countries.
As a smart grid metering market leader, Itron is about longevity. Our products last more than 20 years. As the industry leader, we have long-standing relationships with many of our clients, some of whom have been in business for more than a century. This mature industry, however, is undergoing revolutionary change. So you’ll be working closely with communicative and cooperative clients to ensure our solutions meet their needs. And you’ll be guiding the development of the new products and systems that will function for decades as the groundwork that makes the smart gird and a sustainable future a reality.
Itron, Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Electrical Engineer in Hardware Design, at its West Union, SC facility to participate in the design of new products in the following applications:
- “Software-defined” wireless and powerline communications
- Embedded computing for “Edge Intelligence”
- Large-scale mesh networks
- Solid-state electricity meters
- Development of ASICs
- IOT device
- Lead new product development
- Validate Analog and Digital circuits using oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, network analyzer, multimeter, chamber, etc.
- Support design and projects in the areas of regulatory compliance, reliability analysis and testing, components selections and development process
- Write clear and precise design and validation documentation
- Work with manufacturing in defining the tests and fixtures needed for programming, functional verification and final tests
- Provide technical support to internal departments
- An advanced degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent)
- Hands-on experience related to development of any type of radios, DSP, ARM processors, DDR memory, high speed digital interfaces, signal integrity, precision analog circuits, power management systems, ICs and ASICs
- Expertise with laboratory instruments and equipment
- Familiarity with CAD tools
- Good understanding of RF circuits is a plus
Itron is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, veteran status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or other characteristics protected by law. If you require an accommodation in order to apply to this position, please contact your local recruiting representative at 1-800-635-5461 or email Accessibility@itron.com.
Itron enables utilities and cities to safely, securely and reliably deliver critical infrastructure services to communities in more than 100 countries. Our portfolio of smart networks, software, services, meters and sensors helps our customers better manage electricity, gas and water resources for the people they serve. By working with our customers to ensure their success, we help improve the quality of life, ensure the safety and promote the well-being of millions of people around the globe. Itron is dedicated to creating a more resourceful world. Join us: www.itron.com.