Manager, Global Technical Support
Location : Richardson, TX 75082
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
Currently, we are seeking a Manager, Technical Support with at least 3 years of experience, based inRichardson, TX. This is an exciting opportunity for those who align with our core values (Inclusion, Innovation, Execution, Customer Success) and for those who desire to build, sell, and/or support connected solutions and services.
We proudly offer the stability and security of an established publicly traded tech company yet nurture and embody an entrepreneurial spirit. We give our people excellent compensation packages, an extensive suite of medical and retirement benefits, a flexible paid time off policy, accommodating work schedules, an employee stock purchase plan, continued education assistance & training programs, support for personal wellness, and company sponsored philanthropic opportunities.
- Managing, mentoring, and recruiting for our Global Technical Support team.
- Capturing feedback from customers to measure their satisfaction with the service they received, addressing and mitigating negative experiences, and implementing corrective actions where needed
- Aid in the development and ongoing capture of an extensive set of metrics that clearly define the effectiveness and efficiency of the support function. Reacting to negative findings with appropriate corrective actions to improve performance to an acceptable level.
- Setting and striving to meet stretch goals that help CalAmp’s technical support function become a strategic capability that helps drive customer adoption and retention.
- Setting clear objectives, evaluating performance, and instilling a culture of excellence with a focus on teamwork, and ownership for resolving customer issues
- Creating, managing and improving processes and procedures within the team and capturing these in a centralized knowledge base.
- Ensuring working practices are well defined and operational with minimal disruption using technology to improve efficiency as appropriate
- Managing the team and individual performance, technical and skills development
- Reviewing workloads and taking appropriate action to ensure committed SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Remaining current on new product features and providing input and tactical direction to the business on customer service and support challenges by partnering with product management
- Creating and maintaining all documentation and procedures relating to Support.
- Recognizing and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and proactively proposing and implementing these solutions.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team of at least 5 people tasked with providing a highly technical level of support for a product or service. Products / services in the IOT or AVL space preferred.
- 2+ years working with a widely known case management system, such as Salesforce, JIRA, or Zendesk or similar. Experience should include configuring case flows, capturing metrics, and managing workloads.
- 3-5 years in a technical support role with demonstrated career growth and increased responsibility.
- College Degree (Associates or Bachelors) in a relevant field like IT, Management Information Systems, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience building detailed processes and procedures for frequently encountered issues or processes and disseminating them through automated means (knowledge base, etc.)