SYSTEMS & APPLICATIONS ENGINEER
Location : Austin, TX 78735
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
Be part of the Microcontroller Systems Engineering Team based in Austin, Texas, responsible for supporting connectivity and application specific microcontrollers.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
You will report to the MCU Systems Mgr. in Austin, Texas USA. Working as a system applications engineer, your primary role is to provide efficient support for connectivity (BLE, Thread, 802.15.4) and application specific microprocessors in tight collaboration with the customers, partners, worldwide IC design team and other systems teams for customer applications support. In addition you will contribute to the development of firmware, demos and all materials enhancing our product offering to our customers.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Experience and proficiency in the following areas desirable:
- Be the focal point and become an expert in all of NXP Kinetis processors products (training provided).
- Provide support to NXP customers at all levels, providing help in their product development, board bring-up, software development and system-level debug to ensure successful customer product launch.
- Provide support to customers in all phases of the design process including evaluation, design-in and production. Provide support on usage of NXP hardware platforms, reference designs, and software deliverables including connectivity stacks and operating systems.
- Understand customer requests and participate to the NXP product enhancement (NPI Process)
- build application / demos / drivers porting or development
- build innovative functions or use case demonstrators in all applications fields: motor control, connectivity…
- perform technical feasibility studies on key functions
- build reference designs in various strategic domains, application notes and white papers writing.
- review Reference Manuals and Data Sheets and contribute to Developer guides and "Ease-of-use" manuals.
- Experience with embedded Systems on Chip, especially the ARM Cortex architecture.
- Experience using software debugging tools to view and program processor registers.
- Highly proficient in the C programming language
- Embedded software development and debug experience including one of more of the following: Operating systems, device drivers, connectivity stacks (BLE, Thread, 802.15.4, Zigbee)
- Technical writing skills for creating application notes, white papers, and user’s guides / reference manuals.
- Working with the marketing, SOC design, architecture, validation, and application teams to write and develop design specifications for PCB reference design and validation board hardware for new SoCs.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.