Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
Be a Part of the Technology Revolution
- here has never been a more exciting time to be part of an automotive technology company like Visteon. No industry offers more fast-paced change and opportunity than today’s automotive industry. We are in the midst of a mobility revolution that will completely change the way we interact with our vehicles, reduce the number of car accidents and fatalities, and make the world a cleaner place.
- Visteon is at the epicenter of this mobility revolution. Two major trends in the automotive industry – the shift to electric vehicles and vehicles with autonomous safety technologies – have created unique opportunities for Visteon. We are the only automotive provider solely focused exclusively on cockpit electronics – the fastest-growing segment in the industry.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Building and Debugging Linux kernel, boot loader drivers.
- Design and implement Software / Hardware Debug I/O Assertions in the given module
- Prepare appropriate technical documentation
- Debugging experience using hardware tools like Trace32 and Logic Analysers, Oscilloscope, J- Tag
- Experience in programming language C or C++
- Experience Built root, Open WRT, Yocto like build system & Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Writing make files for multi component & Strong with OS internals
- Basic knowledge of cross platform tool chains and running bare metal programs on target platforms
- Basic knowledge of CPU architecture that includes MIPS and ARM
- Experience in Pre and Post silicon Development environment, OS porting and bring up on emulators, simulators and development boards GPIO configurations
- Hand on experience working on low level interface like SPI, I2C
- Excellent understanding of Git with branching, merging of branches and resolve issues for developers while pushing the changes.
- Strong Experience in SCM tools such as Subversion, GIT, GITHUB
- Very good understanding of Linux or POSIX Operating Systems. Kernel level debugging experience a plus
More Good Reasons to Work for Visteon Focusing on the Future
- Our company strategy focuses on leading the evolution of automotive digital cockpits and safety solutions. This strategy is driven by constant innovation, and you will support our efforts through your role. We are recognized across the industry for innovation. We have a strong book of business that is expected to drive future growth, along with a customer base that includes almost every automotive manufacturer in the world.
- Working at Visteon is a journey in which our employees can develop their strengths and advance their careers while making a difference globally. Join us and help change the world and how we interact with our vehicles. Visteon is where the best technical talent creates the future. Learn more about our culture here.
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Visteon offers competitive salaries and benefits and an environment that encourages employees to achieve their career goals.
- Visteon is the only global automotive technology company solely focused on designing, engineering and manufacturing innovative cockpit electronics and connected car solutions – the fastest-growing segment in the industry. Our technologies create a more enjoyable, safe and connected driving experience.
- Headquartered in Van Buren Township, Michigan, United States, Visteon employs about 11,000 diverse people at more than 40 facilities in 18 countries. Visteon had sales of approximately $3 billion in 2019. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
- Follow Us
- For more information about our company, technologies and products, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. You can also follow our careers-focused channels on Twitter and Facebook to keep up with our latest job postings and the great work our employees are doing.