Technical Support Engineer 2 - UCS
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Technical Support Engineer 2 - UCS
- At Dell Technologies, world-class service doesn’t end when a customer purchases our innovative products. Our Technical Support team is there for them whenever they need help – by phone or email, online and on social media. No matter how complex the challenge, we rise to it. We answer questions about the installation, operation, configuration, customization and use of Dell Technologies products. For critical matters, we use our systems to provide remote diagnostic technical support. If there’s an issue with a customer’s product, we’ll analyze it, identify the cause, recommend a solution and document the problem.
- Join us as a Technical Support Engineer 2 on our Compute solutions team in Bangalore to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve
- As a Technical Support Engineer 2 , you will resolve complex technical issues in a fast-paced, customer critical environment, working on improving processes, standards and strategies to perfect our Support Services.
- The Dell EMC Converged Infrastructure customer support is responsible for providing remote management, support and ongoing issues & maintenance of Vxblock environments within a customer’s Vxblock Infrastructure Platform in a 24x7x365 environment.
- This role must be able to understand, execute and document moderate to complex operational tasks and work requests that are assigned and have experience in moderate to complex research and fact finding using various tools and informational sources.
- The role will be responsible for leading and participating in complex projects across various
- The role requires a highly motivated individual, with a positive & pro-active attitude to work, and willingness to make changes to improve operational efficiency through innovation, process and procedure, and adopting and adapting ideas and practices from elsewhere.
- Bachelors degree with 2+ years’ experience in Technical support role troubleshooting and fixing issues related to configuration of UCS Infrastructure.
- Troubleshooting hardware issues across different generations/models of Fabric Interconnects/IOM/blades and Identifying & Triaging connectivity issues with network and storage switches.
- Knowledge in Cisco UCS log analysis and service profile configuration, Cloud technology - Private/public/Hybrid cloud, new UCS Domains , Firmware, patching and backups of UCS Domains.
- Experience with Cisco Enterprise B and C class servers , Installing/provisioning Cisco UCS domain components, including fabric interconnects chassis, blades, service profiles, pools, policies, templates, and firmware
- Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends or holidays as required
- VMware ESXi, ESX 6.x, vCenter 6.x. This experience could include the planning, deployment, configuration and troubleshooting of host systems and virtual machines
- Enterprise storage platforms (EMC) & Cisco networking, Security
- Any UNIX or Linux experience
- Implementation and administration of Microsoft Windows 2008/R2 server systems, both virtual and physical experience
- Strong technical experience with industry standard x86_X64 server hardware ,DELL modular sever & networking technology. Blade servers/Compute Sleds: MX700 | MX800 | MX9000 series. Embedded networking: MX9116n | MX7116n etc.
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
- Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
- What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life - while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
- We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
- You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
- Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.