Design Thinking Facilitator
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
- Enterprise software doesn't have to be boring. And designing enterprise software doesn't have to be boring either. The IBM Cloud & Cognitive Software Design organization needs an experienced Design Thinking Facilitator who deeply cares about creating an experience-first culture today.
- We work within product teams and across entire portfolios to make IBM products better for our users. The best thing about working in Cloud & Cognitive Design is the people we work with. In joining our design team, you'll be in the company of craft-beer brewers, aviation lovers, and Left Shark fans. We've got yoga teachers, turtles, and terrariums. Our group is made up of those with years of deep research and design expertise and brilliant university hires using new tools and methodologies. We share our methods and tooling across IBM, and continually teach each other new and best practices.
- Primary responsibility is running a variety of Design Thinking workshops for product teams, which has 150+ designers supporting a wide range of products. This includes meeting with workshop sponsors to understand their goals, prepping the workshop, delivering it (either in person or remotely), and then working with the team to take the results back into their daily jobs. Workshops range from high level strategy sessions with executives to writing user stories for a specific product with a technical team. Candidates are expected to be familiar with many Design Thinking methods and how to match the right method to the problem being solved. Facilitators are expected to identify workshop challenges and proactively work to resolve them. Candidates must be available to travel as much as 25% of their time.
- We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. There’s no doubt cloud’s adoption has been explosive - by 2020, at least 50% of IT spend will be on cloud. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation. We are looking for talent to usher in the next era of cloud computing. We’re hiring. Join us.
#Facilitator #DesignThinking #Workshops # Design #@IBMDesign #ProductRequired Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years of experience facilitating Design Thinking workshops
- Expert in Design Thinking methods
- Design experience a plus
- 4 years of experience in professional business communications including demonstrated presentations
Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Location StatementFor additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.