Systems Engineering Intern
Location : Dallas, TX
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Entry Level
- As a global semiconductor company operating in 35 countries, Texas Instruments (TI) is first and foremost a reflection of its people. From the TIer who unveiled the first working integrated circuit in 1958 to the more than 30,000 TI ers around the world today who design, manufacture and sell analog and embedded processing chips, we are problem-solvers collaborating to change the world through technology. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
- TI Kilby Labs is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of a research intern for developing Image Analytics and control flow optimization solution for optimizing manufacturing assembly and test processes. Our team pursues research and development in the areas of smart sensing with particular focus on ML enabled signal analysis and optimization targeting various IoT applications including factory automation, smart building etc.
- Work on some of the most challenging technical problems and develop solutions that leverage image signal processing and machine learning based algorithms targeting factory process optimization.
- Research and develop innovative algorithms/solutions that will address challenging problems to shape the future of smart factory solutions.
- Collaborate with broader teams across R&D as well as product businesses to combine AI/ML solutions into smart analog sensing signal processing flow.
- Engage with technologists in the lab and across multiple disciplines (design, systems, applications, manufacturing, etc.) to discuss and develop your ideas and solutions as well as one-on-one mentoring from senior technologists in the company.
- Currently pursuing a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science Engineering (Machine Learning, Image/Digital Signal Processing, Embedded Systems) or related field
- Minimum cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- Expertise in image signal processing and DNN based image analytics algorithms
- Familiarity with commercial or open source image process and ML SW tools and packages
- Project level experience in image analysis/statistical signal processing/DNN algorithms using ML frameworks – starting from data collection, ML algorithm definition, NN training and deployment.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, C/C++, Matlab
- Project level experience in Embedded Systems Programming for performance/memory optimal implementation of signal processing algorithms
- Be able to deliver end results with highest standards of quality, scientific rigor and innovation while working in a virtual team setting
- Excellent problem solver, and a fast learner.
- Ability to quickly forge relationships
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
- Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.