Associate RF Ground Systems Engineer
Location : United States
Headquarters : Luxembourg District, Luxembourg
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
No. Vacancies: 1
Department: 16715.Network Engineering
Travel %: Less than 30%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Does this position have direct reports:
Hiring Manager: Daniel Smith
- Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
- This position is with Intelsat’s RF Engineering team. Part of the Network Engineering organization, this team is responsible for providing new and re-engineered ground infrastructure solutions for Intelsat and customer RF/antenna, communications, and monitoring systems. These solutions consider appropriate redundancy, availability, scalability, and manageability requirements to support spacecraft Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C), In-Orbit Testing (IOT), and Transfer Orbit Support Services (TOSS) as well as Commercial Services offerings. The RF service chain accessing the space segment component of the network is a key enabler for Intelsat’s business in transforming the customer experience by bringing to market new products and services based upon Intelsat’s vision of globalized connectivity without boundaries in the Mobility, Broadband, Broadcast media and Government sectors.
- As a part of this team, the Associate Engineer will be working with seasoned engineers to help perform RF ground infrastructure design requirement analysis, develop and impliment infrastructure system architectures, conduct product research, and implement component life-cycle management. Work will also include system and product level verification testing in a lab environment on modems, upconverters, and high-power amplifiers utilizing RF test equipment devices such as spectrum analyzers, power meters, and vector network analyzers.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Contribute to drafting Statements of Work, cost estimates, test plans, procedures and reports as required.
- Conduct lab testing of component and end-to-end systems to validate technical performance specifications.
- Develop and track system documentation of designs, architecture and site drawings.
- Participate in meetings and activities to support Network Engineering projects and initiatives.
- Provide inputs to RFIs, RFQs, RFPs, and SOWs to include compliance matrices.
- Work with internal and external customers to clarify technical issues and implement new services.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer or relevant military experience
- At least one of of working knowledge of basic RF principles, communication theory, and test equipment operation.
- Ability to think analytically and use data from systems to correlate and solve issues.
- Comfortable working with various Microsoft software programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of L-band, C-band, Ku-band, and Ka-band RF systems.
- Knowledge of various Modulation and Coding schemes for digital communications systems.
- Exposure to satellite operator teleport ground infrastructure RF systems.
What it’s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must be able and willing to perform physical support activities (e.g. cable tracing/running and racking, stacking, replacing and installing hardware) as requested.
- You will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation.
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.