Engineer, RFIC Design
Location : San Diego, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor’s 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission—to enhance Murata’s world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi’s product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi’s team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
Design of high performance ICs in pSemi’s UltraCMOS technology. Product lines include LNAs, PA controllers, Mixers, RF Switches, and Digital Step Attenuators. The candidate will support products during the entire product life cycle from product definition through product release to end-of-life. As part of a cross-functional product development team the candidate will support other essential disciplines including marketing and applications, project management, characterization, production and test engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Design Validation.
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
- Product Characterization: Work with Characterization Engineers to define test plan, conduct characterization and analyze performance data.
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Critical Thinking : Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity : Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise : Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions : Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 2 years of IC design experience
- Analog IC design – good understanding of bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
- RF IC design – good understanding of RF switches, Low Noise Amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers etc.
- Basic knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance.
- Good understanding of non-linear effects in transistors
- Strong in circuit design, including analog and RF CMOS design
- Familiarity with analog & RF IC layout
- Familiarity with Cadence verification, ocean scripts
- Measurement understanding of PSRR, noise, S-parameters, NF, Linearity, timing etc
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule
- Hands-on use of lab equipment to validate performance
Minimum Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineer; or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering without experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including “protected veterans” under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents: http://patents.psemi.com