Location : Bangalore, Karnataka
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Hardware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Allegion, we help keep people safe and secure where they live, work and visit. With more than 25 brands sold in almost 130 countries across the globe, we specialize in security around the doorway and beyond: everything from residential and commercial locks, door closer and exit devices, steel doors and frames to access control and workforce productivity systems.
- Allegion is looking for a highly motivated Hardware Engineer capable of working collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment. The candidate selected for this position will be responsible for designing/testing various hardware circuits in collaboration with global product development teams and manufacturing plants. The candidate selected will need to be an organized self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced design culture.
- Excellent knowledge in designing embedded system based on Microcontroller/ Microprocessor based systems and associated subsystems such as the power supply, I/O interfaces, displays and communication protocols like UART, SPI, I2C, RS232, USB, Ethernet
- Strong in Fundamentals of digital communications, wireless protocols, transceivers and applied electromagnetics
- Good knowledge in designing, analyzing/debugging power supply and analogue circuits
- Knowledge in PCB layout design, and manufacturing processes
- Experience in Component selection and validation
- Experience on Electronic Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools and processes
- Experience in electronic product sustenance
- Experience in design review’s with stakeholders and PCB Assembly vendors
- Knowledge of DFT and DFM
- Experience in FMEA, hardware validation, debugging hardware issues, and root cause failure analysis
- An understanding of the causes of EMC/EMI/ESD problems in electronic circuits and best practice methods employed to overcome these.
- Should have experience in interfacing with Project Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Teams to support the PCB designing activities
- Proficiency in engineering computer tools used for design analysis and verification required. Experience in Circuit Simulation tools and analysis.
- Hands-on experience in using test equipment like Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Power Supplies, Power analyzers etc.,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Must be a very good team player
- Innovative problem solving and creative skills
- Good organizational skills being able to multitask on multiple development projects
- Experience in Value Engineering/Cost Reduction would be a plus
- Awareness of manufacturing engineering, Quality engineering, or Reliability engineering
- PCB Layout experience using Altium or similar tool would be a plus
- Knowledge in IPC PCB design guidelines
- Experience in product validation testing would be a plus
- Experience on compliance Testing (CE/FCC/Safety) would be a plus
- B.E/B.Tech or higher in EEE / ECE
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Allegion is committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. Together, we embrace all differences and similarities among colleagues, as well as the differences and similarities within the relationships that we foster with customers, suppliers and the communities where we live and work. Whatever your background, experience, race, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, we will make sure that you have every opportunity to impress us in your application and the opportunity to give your best at work, not because we’re required to, but because it’s the right thing to do. We are also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If for any reason you cannot apply through our career site and require an accommodation or assistance, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team .
REGISTERED IN IRELAND WITH LIMITED LIABILITY REGISTERED NUMBER 527370
Allegion is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer