Technical Support Engineer - IoT
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Do you want to drive that next wave of convenience, comfort, and security for consumers? How about enabling businesses to run more efficiently while servicing their customer needs better? Maybe you want to help redefine business models for service providers and manufacturers? Come join our Professional Services Engineering team, as we help large brands and enterprises transform their business with the Internet of Things.
- Ayla Networks is redefining the way brands, enterprises and service providers can develop, monetize and support connected products for the Internet of Things (IoT) in a way that’s open, scalable, and economical. Ayla provides the industry’s first Agile IoT Platform, an end-to-end software fabric running across devices, cloud, and apps to create secure connectivity, data analytics, and feature-rich customer experiences.
- We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a passion for IoT. You will gain exposure as well as hands on experience supporting Ayla’s IoT platform and testing our customers’ connected devices. You love the tech side but also like the thrill of working directly with customers. You are a curious self-learner who adapts quickly to new technology. You work well with other engineers, are an independent worker, but are not afraid to ask for help and direction.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work as part of the Global Technical Support to own, troubleshoot and drive customer issues to resolution.
- Work directly with customers to resolve technical support questions, Product and API usage questions and escalations.
- Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to reproduce, troubleshoot and resolve device, mobile, and cloud support issues.
- Manage customer communication and updates during outages.
- Identify issues suitable for entry in the Ayla Knowledge Base (KB) as well as writing, reviewing, and releasing KB articles in coordination with product tech writers.
- Work in a 24/7 high-availability environment.
- Participate in a rotating 12 hour on-call schedule.
- Documenting, executing, and reporting of verification plans and reports for Ayla customers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-7 years of relevant experience as a technical support engineer or engineering tester for Cloud & Web Application testing experience (IoT experience preferred).
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP(S), and devices communicating with a RESTful web service.
- Strong debugging skills for troubleshooting customer issues.
- Familiar with Linux environments with hands on knowledge of basic commands.
- Experienced with scripting languages such as TCL and Python.
- Familiar with testing embedded devices, systems, and microcontrollers.
- Familiar with development tools such as source control (git), bug tracking (JIRA), test management (TestRail) and JTAG debuggers.
- Experience with networking protocols: Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, Zigbee, Z-Wave.
- Customer-focused and action-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a desire to help others.